Teacher of English
This job expired on 5 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
5 June 2023 at 9am
25 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
Full-time equivalent salary
- Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £29,344 to £40,083
What skills and experience we're looking for
▪ Have a detailed knowledge of the relevant aspects of the students’ National Curriculum and other statutory requirements at a standard equivalent to degree level to enable you to teach confidently and accurately at KS3, KS4 and Post-16
▪ Have a secure knowledge and understanding of your specialist subject, including level descriptors and KS 4 and Post-16 examination specifications and courses
▪ Understand progression across Key Stages in your specialist subject
▪ Cope securely with subject-related questions which students raise and know about students’ common misconceptions and mistakes in their specialist subject
What the school offers its staff
In the English Faculty, we aim to promote a love of learning and reading for pleasure, using a huge range of both nonfiction and fiction material to raise debates and promote intellectual curiosity. We are dedicated to providing students of all abilities the solid foundation they need to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including equipping them with a broad vocabulary.
Through our lessons, we provide them with the platform from which they can access the wider curriculum and help them enrich their learning both during and beyond their school life. We aim to support students in developing a range of transferable skills, such as analysis, critical evaluation, inference, explanation and comparison.
We are dedicated to ensuring students become independent learners and we provide ample opportunities for students to learn from their mistakes and develop a growth mindset to ‘Aim high, achieve excellence’.
Why choose Hertswood Academy?
- CPD accredited, and an exceptional reputation for professional development
- IIP Status award since 2003
- A brand new, state of the art facility opened in September 2019
- A track record of students attaining high achievements and gaining places in university such as Yale and Cambridge
- A positive and thriving sixth form
- Great travel links. Situated within the M25, the A1 and M1 are easily accessible, and St Pancras Station London is only 20 minutes by train
Why would we choose you?
- You are a motivated, engaging, dedicated, and well-qualified teacher, with an unswerving devotion to continuously develop and inspire students.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.Theschool is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Hertswood Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1250 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Hertswood Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0208 238 7200
Hertswood Academy is a coeducational secondary school in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire which gained academy status in January 2013. The headteacher is Peter Gillett, who joined Hertswood Academy in January 2013.
Similar jobs nearby
Carshalton Boys Sports College
Winchcombe Road, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 1RW
Eden Girls' School, Slough
183-187 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4AA
The Ursuline Academy Ilford
Morland Road, Ilford, Essex, IG1 4JU
Norbury High School for Girls
Kensington Avenue, Thornton Heath, Surrey, CR7 8BT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Hertfordshire