Teacher of English Fixed Term
St Joseph's RC High School and Sports College, Bolton, Lancashire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Subjects||English Language, English Language|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time, job share|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £23,720 to £39,406 per year (full-time equivalent)|
The governors of this oversubscribed 11-16 Voluntary Aided RC High School are seeking to appoint a qualified and enthusiastic Teacher of English. Fixed term for 2 terms. The hours can be flexible for the right applicant and job share considered. Please be specific when applying on preferred hours.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative individual with ambition and drive, who is passionate about improving the lives of young people. Joining a dynamic and forward looking team you will be given the opportunity to be at the forefront of a fast paced life-transforming team.
We are very determined in our mission to transform the lives of young people and create outstanding life chances through educational achievement. We are looking for an innovative, outstanding teacher to inspire students of all ages and abilities.
The successful candidate will:
• Be willing to actively support the Catholic Christian ethos of our school
• Have a passion for teaching and have the potential to inspire students and colleagues with a wide range of teaching and learning strategies
• Have a high level of assessment, monitoring, tracking and intervention skills
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
• Have the resilience to work as a team to mend broken lives, fan the flames of enthusiasm and further inspire those who are already excited about a bright future
• Have the drive to prepare young people to be ‘game changers’ in the world.
Do you have what it takes to realise our dream? Can you inspire young people to ‘dream the impossible and achieve beyond their wildest imagination?’ Be part of our life transforming team!
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in English
Essential skills and experience
• The ability to effectively teach English at KS3 & KS4
• To have the experience of using a range of tools and evidence, including data, to evaluate the effectiveness of learning and teaching and challenging underperformance
• To be a good or outstanding classroom practitioner
• To understand the issues that may affect students achieving their full potential
• Evidence of seeing new initiatives through to completion and evaluation of their impact
• To have experience in identifying underachievement and planning appropriate intervention
• To have contributed to the identification, planning and implementation of curriculum enrichment activities
• An understanding of current educational initiatives and their impact on the school
• To have an understanding of self evaluation and its role within school improvement
• The ability to promote the spiritual, moral and cultural development of pupils
• Excellent communication skills
As a Catholic Christian community, we offer a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to engage with wonderfully able students who with the right guidance can be inspired to achieve the highest grades. The school has a very successful and effective induction programme for new colleagues. We are committed to developing leaders and preparing middle leaders for more senior roles by supporting them through nationally recognised leadership qualifications and opportunities to lead initiatives to improve the progress of our young people.
|School type||LA Maintained School, Roman Catholic|
|School size||877 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||St Joseph's RC High School and Sports College website (opens in a new window)|
About St Joseph's RC High School and Sports College
Roman Catholic High School
Chorley New Road, Bolton, Lancashire, BL6 6HW