Teacher of English
This job expired on 21 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
21 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
24 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.50 Hours Per Week, term-time only PLUS inset days
- Main Pay Scale/Upper pay scale
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Hold a recognised degree (or equivalent) with a good classification in a relevant subject
- Teaching qualification (QTS)
- Commitment to own self development
- A flexible approach to the teaching of your subject that seeks to promote the learning opportunities of all students and to secure the highest possible levels of achievement
- Demonstrate a commitment to following the school’s principles of teaching, learning and assessment
- Good discipline/classroom management
- Commitment to working within the School’s Safeguarding Policy and Procedures.
- Commitment to high standards and expectations.
High levels of professional
What the school offers its staff
Further details about the role
To work with colleagues, Trustees, School Council and parents/carers, in partnership, sustaining and improving the quality of education:
- to enable all students to realise their individual talents to the full,
- to prepare all students for the changing demands of future adult life,
- to encourage a view of education as an enjoyable, lifelong process,
Creating an appropriate working environment which promotes students’: Health; Safety; Enjoyment and Achievement; Positive Contributions; Economic Well-being.
Reporting to: Head of Department
Salary: Main Scale
Responsibilities Main Duties / Responsibilities
I. To work with the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team to promote inclusion, and equality of opportunity for both students and staff.
II. To share in the corporate responsibility for, and commitment to, the safeguarding and promotion of the well-being and discipline of all students.
III. To progress the education and welfare of designated groups of students in accordance with the prevailing School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document, having due regard to the requirements of the National Curriculum, the aims, objectives and schemes of work of the Academy/Learning Area, Year Cohort, and any policies of the Academy Trust.
IV. To perform particular assigned duties at the reasonable direction of the Headteacher or their designated representative(s)
- To participate in school initiatives where every person is expected to contribute to learner’s progress.
- To participate in the school’s professional learning programme as agreed.
- To play a full part in the life of the school community, supporting its distinctive mission and ethos, and encouraging and ensuring staff, pupils and students adhere to school expectations.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Gloucester Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 705 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Gloucester Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01452 428800
Arranging a visit to Gloucester Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Abbey Park School
The Learning Campus, Swindon, SN25 2ND
Cirencester Deer Park School
Stroud Road, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1XB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Gloucester