Teacher of English
Holmleigh Park High School, Gloucester, Gloucestershire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
This is an extremely exciting time to join the English Department. We are looking to appoint an outstanding classroom practitioner to join our team as we seek to be one of the fastest improving departments in the country.
At Holmleigh Park we see our teachers as subject experts and professionals, and with disruption-free classrooms, our staff are free to focus on high-quality teaching. Our pedagogy is based on Rosenshine’s principles of instruction, with a focus on retrieval, direct instruction, and deliberate practice. Lessons are planned collaboratively, both within the department and with other schools in the Greenshaw Learning Trust. Beyond assessments, we only live mark in class.
We are also a school which loves to read; as a form tutor, you will spend 20 minutes reading a classic text to your tutor group each morning and leading your tutor group in independent reading for 25 minutes at the end of each day.
Essential educational requirements
Enhanced DBS check
Essential skills and experience
Experience teaching English to GCSE (A Level is an advantage)
For a full person specification and job advert, please see our website
|School size||Up to 1455 pupils|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Holmleigh Park High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Holmleigh Park High School
Thank you for taking an interest in joining us as our Head of Geography.
Holmleigh Park is an ambitious academy located in Tuffley, Gloucester. We believe that all children have limitless potential, and are proud to offer a comprehensive education to all students in our local community. We expect all staff, students and parents to embrace our three principles - Work Hard, Be Kind, Take Responsibility - so that our students leave school as ambitious, confident and successful young adults with the highest standards of integrity.
Why join us?
• Impeccable behaviour: Our centralised behaviour simple is incredibly simple, meaning every minute of every lesson is disruption-free.
• A common-sense approach to workload: We only expect live-marking in class, and we work collaboratively across the trust to ensure all lessons are resourced centrally.
• Our commitment to genuine development: Our CPD is based on Rosenshine’s principles of teaching, and all teaching staff (including the Headteacher) receive coaching feedback at least every fortnight.
• The opportunity to make a difference: Our school is improving incredibly quickly, and we’re proud to offer all local students a standard of education which we fully expect to outpace the local grammar schools within two years.
• The quality of living: Our easily accessible location is just 15 minutes from the Cotswold Hills, and is within commuting distance from Cheltenham, Bristol and Cardiff.
We are proud members of the Greenshaw Learning Trust, a ‘family’ of like-minded schools, which collaborate to provide mutual support, share their good practice and learn from each other, whilst retaining and developing their own distinctive characters. Join us and see why we are one of the fastest improving MATs in the country.
Windsor Drive, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL4 0RT