Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Will consider full-time, part-time
MPS - UPS
Teacher of English
Required from September 2021
MPS or UPS dependent upon experience
Full time and part time applications considered
At HSLC, our ethos is very simple: be useful, be kind and insist that the students become the very best that they can be.
If our ethos resonates with your own and you are an ambitious and inspirational teacher, you may be the person we are looking for to join our motivated and passionate English department. We seek the very best practitioners who can consistently teach excellent, engaging lessons across Key Stage 3 to 5. You will be able to enthuse and inspire our students with your love for English, creative teaching and personality.
HSLC is a supportive and vibrant place to work and has been graded as ‘Good’ by Ofsted since 2005. We are unapologetically ambitious for every child, no matter what their background, prior attainment or needs. We believe in our mission of actively broadening horizons and promote our core values of being useful and kind.
If you feel you could fulfil this role and are passionate about making a difference to the lives of our young people then we are keen to hear from you.
What we offer:
- Support and line management from an experienced Head of Department;
- A highly effective centralised behaviour system which ensures consistency and rewards good behaviour - there is minimal low level disruption in classrooms meaning you can make a real difference to our students;
- A strong staff community and positive team culture;
- One additional non-contact period per fortnight for CPD activities - CPD is research led and starts as soon as you are appointed;
- Subject specific policies focused on what is right for you as a department - we do not have bureaucratic and onerous policies;
- Regular feedback from learning walks and work scrutinies helping you to continuously develop - no formal graded lesson observations;
- A very pleasant coastal location where you can stroll along the seafront after a day in the classroom - the English Department have been known to hold their weekly meetings on the beach in summer!
The successful candidate will be:
- An inspirational teacher of English who can consistently teach excellent, engaging lessons;
- A determined and innovative practitioner with a desire to succeed and to help others do so;
- A team player who is keen to work with others and proactively does whatever it takes to achieve the outcomes that enable our students to make ambitious life choices;
- Aligned to our values and mission - if you believe in our core principles you will love being part of HSLC!
You can get a feel for the school and English department by ‘following’ @hornseaschool and @HSLC_English on Twitter or ‘liking’ Hornsea School & Language College on Facebook.
Applying for the job
Please visit the school website; www.hslc.co.uk or email Rachel Corkish (HR Manager) at email@example.com for an application pack.More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
1067 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Hornsea School and Language College
HSLC is a supportive and vibrant place to work and has been graded as ‘Good’ by Ofsted since 2005. We are unapologetically ambitious for every child, no matter what their background, prior attainment or needs and are committed to providing the highest possible standard of education for all students of all abilities. We believe that everyone who attends our school can, and should, achieve success and that by promoting a culture where all associated with the school can learn and develop as individuals, we will all be proud to be associated with it.
We have a very talented and dedicated team of staff who, at all times, constantly strive to ensure that our students realise their full potential. I ask all students and staff to be useful and kind and engage with our effective centralised behaviour system, which ensures consistency and consistently rewards good behaviour. Our school is a calm and enjoyable place to both study and work within.
We actively encourage and value parental involvement. HSLC has transformed over the last decade and I strongly believe that parental involvement, and appointing the very best staff, has been key to this. As a result we benefit from an excellent reputation both within the local community and the wider East Riding. Our school is much more than just what goes on in the classroom, and this goes some way to explaining why we are a “School of Choice”.
Arranging a visit to Hornsea School and Language College
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a school visit.