Teacher of English
Salary: Main Pay Scale – Also suitable for NQT’s
Working pattern: 1 FTE
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: January 2020. However, there is the opportunity to start from September 2019 onward.
Our aim at Selston High School is to inspire every member of the school community to achieve their full potential and enjoy their time with us. As a caring community school we recognise the importance of our values which include respect for all, trust, pride, recognition and celebration of success.
We are looking to appoint a passionate and motivated Teacher of English to join us in September 2019. The ability to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and to consistently teach inspirational lessons is essential. The successful candidate will join a team of effective, hardworking professionals, committed to providing an outstanding education for all students.
If you believe you have the vision and commitment to work in a school with a thriving and successful English department, please apply.
Why join us
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward thinking strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all of our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £8.50.
• Free car parking.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• The ability to request flexible working.
• Entry to a career average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
For more details and to apply for this role please visit: https://www.tes.com/jobs/vacancy/teacher-of-english-nottinghamshire-1229525
The closing date for applications is: Friday 27 September 2019 at midday
Interviews will be held on: To be confirmed
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in a relevant subject.
Qualified Teacher Status or completion of training programme
Essential skills and experience
Relevant teaching experience in secondary education, either through a training programme or current post.
About Selston High School
Selston High School, part of The Two Counties Trust
- Chapel Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG16 6BW
- Selston High School website (opens in a new window)