Smith’s Wood Academy is a large academy with just over 900 students from Year 7 to Year 11. Located in the north of Solihull, the academy serves students who live in the immediate locality.
Our vision is that every child within the Trust, regardless of their background, will attend an Academy that offers an outstanding quality of education which means to us:
- Every child is recognised as an individual and has access to first-class pastoral care because we want them to be happy
- Every child benefits from a wide range of enriching opportunities because we place great emphasis on their personal development
- Every child benefits from dedicated leaders, teachers and staff who a relentless in their ambition to improve the quality of teaching in our academies because we know excellent teaching is key to transforming the futures of our students
Smith’s Wood is currently in a transitional state and there is a collective spirit that is apparent as the Academy embarks on the next phase of continued growth and school improvement.
We are looking for a Teacher of English to join a well-led and motivated team committed to continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will:
- Set high expectations which motivate and challenge students in a productive learning environment
- Promote good outcomes by students, planning well-structured lessons
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
- Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all students
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment
- Fulfil wider professional responsibilities with high standards of personal and professional conduct
In return we will offer you:
- Access to support and guidance from other subject leaders across the MAT and form subject expertise within the Academy SLT
- Bespoke Continual Professional Development (in the academy and online via the National College)
- Perkbox example benefits;
- Discounts at nationwide retailers
- Gym discount
- Cinema discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Up to 4 structured counselling sessions per year
- A MAT wide focus on staff well-being
This is an exciting time to join us, and a great opportunity to be involved in the next stage of development of this strong team. Over the last few years, there has been a real drive to develop collaborative planning of a well sequenced knowledge rich curriculum in order to ensure our curriculum is inclusive and all students can achieve highly.
This is an ideal opportunity for a colleague who is ambitious, creative and enthusiastic about helping students to learn in a strong supportive environment.
Fairfax Multi-Academy Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will therefore be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as well as providing evidence of qualifications.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020). This means that certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/new-guidance-on-the-rehabilitation-ofoffenders-act-1974
This job post has expired.