£26948 - £38174 per annum
Teacher of English
Alpha Road, Chobham
Woking, SURREY, GU24 8NE
£26,948 - £38,174 + TLR2b (£4,385) + SEN1 (£2,270)
Full Time, Permanent
September 2021 start date
Inspire their remarkable with us
Wishmore Cross Academy, part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), is a special school in Chobham, Surrey, for boys aged 9 to 16 years who have social, emotional and mental health difficulties. We can admit up to 70 students which means that class sizes are small and we work very closely with our students to ensure they get the most out of each day with us.
We provide a highly effective and individual package of education, care and pastoral support to young people who may have had only negative experiences of school. A safe, caring environment supported by high levels of staffing ensures each pupil has the opportunity to make progress and achieve their full potential.
Working with us:
We are looking for a passionate, motivated and dedicated English Teacher and we can also offer a TLR for taking on the responsibility of whole school Literacy Coordinator. You will work with our young people and help them achieve the best possible outcomes. You will have passion and flexibility in order to deliver, with a creative, inspirational approach to delivering the curriculum.
We warmly welcome applications from both newly qualified and more experienced practitioners. As we have experience of supporting staff through their NQT year, we would also be happy to consider applications from NQTs. Teach First and AET (the multi-academy trust that we are part of) are delighted to be partnering for the expansion of the Early Carer Framework programme for September 2020. This is a remarkable opportunity, working together with a high quality delivery partner in Teach First. For any NQTs joining us in September, this will help you thrive and support you in the early stages of your career with AET.
The successful candidate will have experience teaching English, QTS and some knowledge of specific learning difficulties and a variety of behaviour management strategies to support children would be an advantage.
What we can offer:
* Subsidized staff housing for an exceptional candidate!
* An extremely friendly, supportive and caring team who all work together
* An approachable and welcoming Senior Leadership team who are actively involved in the day to day running of the school
* Free school lunches
* Free on-site parking
* Excellent CPD courses including Safeguarding, MAPA and Health and Safety
* The opportunity to develop your education career; Wishmore Cross has a track record of developing, progressing and training up staff via the School Direct programme.
* Wellbeing - we provide experiences, social learning and formal programmes that enable staff to develop new skills, and to work, collaborate, learn and develop with colleagues across our large AET network.
There is also regular support and supervision for staff to ensure they remain at the peak of their emotional well-being.
We warmly welcome candidates to come and see what makes Wishmore Cross so special. Please contact the school on 01276 857555 to arrange a time to pop in (following social distancing guidelines).
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It's what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you'll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we're inspiring.
* More opportunity to grow your career - We'll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
* More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We'll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what's best for your children.
* More chance to see what's out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
* More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others' experience - You're connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
* More technology so you can make more impact - Google Workspace Enterprise for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
* More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Monday 17 May 2021
Interviews will take place shortly after the closing date
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements.
Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/initial-teacher-training for further details.
Safer Recruitment Statement Vision Brochure
Teacher of English JD_PS.docx.pdf
TLR2b + SEN1More on how to apply