- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
In this rapidly expanding 'Good' school, we are looking for an experienced and inspirational English specialist to join our English department. This position brings with it a TLR responsibility in the English department. The area of responsibility is to be negotiated during interview.
This is not a job for the faint-hearted as we drive towards becoming an 'Outstanding' school.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 3 to 19
- Education phase
- Primary, Middle, Secondary, 16-19
- School size
- 1696 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 19
About The Aylesbury Vale Academy
The Academy is at an exciting stage of development with an experienced Academy Principal. In Ofsted’s visit, January 2019, the school was judged ‘Good’ in all areas for the first time in the academy’s history.
Quotations from the recent Ofsted visit January 2019:
• “Outcomes have improved because of strong subject leadership.”
• “The behaviour of pupils is good. There is an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect across the school. Pupils’ conduct is calm and orderly.”
• “Staff morale is high. They believe that leaders and governors take staff members’ well-being and workload into account and they feel well supported by the school.”
• “Staff new to the school feel very well supported by their more experienced colleagues and the packages of training and support on offer.”
• “Comprehensive induction and training programmes offered by senior leaders and the link advisor ensure that they very quickly establish themselves in their posts.”
• “Pupils show a well-developed understanding and tolerance for others who are different from them. Tolerance and diversity are promoted well at Aylesbury Vale Academy.”
Consequently, results are now above the national average for the first time in the Academy’s history with a Progress 8 score of 0.20 for results in 2018-19.
Arranging a visit to The Aylesbury Vale Academy
If you wish to arrange a visit to the school or wish to discuss the vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs E Perrin on 01296 674114.