Teacher of Food Technology
Stowupland High School, Stowmarket, Suffolk
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
As a Main Pay Range teacher, you are required to be competent in all elements of the Teacher Standards, to discharge the Teachers’ Responsibilities, as set out in the Contractual Framework for Teachers of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document, and to act in accordance with the School’s ethos, policies and practices, under the direction of the Headteacher.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities of a Main Pay Range teacher, an Upper Pay Range Teacher is required to be highly competent in all elements of the Teacher Standards, to ensure that your achievements and contribution to the School are substantial and sustained.
• To make a positive contribution and support the ethos and culture of the school as defined by the Headteacher
• To facilitate high standards of learning attainment and achievement by providing quality teaching within a safe and stimulating environment
Essential educational requirements
Good Honours Degree (First or Second Class)
Appropriate Degree Qualified Teacher
Essential skills and experience
Understanding of current curriculum issues.
Enthusiasm for the subject. Understanding of the importance of the inter- relationship between all areas of the curriculum in a secondary school.
Ability to teach at Key Stage 3, 4 and 5.
Knowledge of ICT applications.
Willingness to deliver the School’s PSHE programme.
Understanding of good classroom management techniques. Ability to be part of a Department team and a Year team
Understanding the importance of the partnership between parents and Stowupland High School
Ability to develop good relationships.
Good communication skills High level of commitment to the School.
Ability to work in a team, follow instructions and be self-organising.
Record of good attendance
• an inclusive and friendly school community that is well supported by the Trust and Governing Body;
• a strong focus on CPD, action research and team working;
• a teaching and learning culture built on innovation and ‘risk-taking’ to ensure the best outcomes for all students;
• high expectations for students;
• a highly successful induction programme for new staff and NQTs.
|School size||994 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Stowupland High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Stowupland High School
Our 11-18 school is located in the village of Stowupland in one of the most rural parts of Mid-Suffolk. It opened in 1978 and its buildings were designed to blend with the local architecture. The extensive use of pantile roofs and stained boarding are in keeping with the village character. A community sports centre opened in 1999.
We are the lead school in the John Milton Academy Trust, and are looking forward to the opening of our new dedicated Sixth Form building in September 2020.
Church Road, Stowmarket, Suffolk, IP14 4BQ