Teacher of Food & Textiles (maternity cover)
25 days remaining to apply
Start date details
17 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
14 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - Full time, 5 days per week
- Fixed term - Fixed term contract
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic and successful Design Technology practitioner keen to develop their career at Broadway Academy. This role would suit a newly qualified teacher or a more experienced teacher seeking a new challenge.
Broadway Academy is a high performing academy in north Birmingham and benefits from state-of-the-art facilities throughout.
Design Technology is a well-established, supportive and friendly department part of the Technical Vocational Directorate that also includes Art, ICT, Health and Social Care and Business Studies. We offer Design Technology throughout KS3 where pupils are taught using a rotation system that allows them to experience all aspects of Design Technology including Resistant Materials, Textiles, Food, Nutrition, STEM and Graphics, within KS4 we offer GSCE Design Technology, Resistant materials and Textiles specialisms, also Food Nutrition and Preparation via the AQA specifications.
The post holder:
• To be able to teach Food Preparation and Design Technology (Textiles) across KS3 and 4
• A proven teaching success at all key stages with good classroom management skills.
• Have high expectations of students, a commitment to quality teaching and be willing to demonstrate initiative.
• Have enthusiasm for the subject and a willingness to work hard to development your teaching practice.
• An understanding of the Design Technology curriculum.
• To ensure that the Design Technology quality of education and outcomes are excellent.
• To take a proactive role in the strategic development of Design Technology across the Academy and to support the delivery of a broad, balanced and rich curriculum.
• A willingness to set up and run Design Technology extra curriculum activities
What the school offers its staff
You will benefit from working within a school which encourages staff and students to be aspirational. Staff development is a priority and staff are empowered to continue their own learning. Alongside external training opportunities, the academy has developed an accelerated leadership programme for teachers linked to NPQML and NPQSL, support and development for non-teaching staff and offers a range of induction and CPD programmes.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Broadway Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1235 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Broadway Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Broadway is a successful Academy with an inclusive ‘can do’ attitude which supports all young people in achieving their ambitions. This is captured in our motto: “Our Children, Our Community, Believe it can be done!” Our Academy develops, in partnership with parents, rounded, responsible, caring young adults who live the school’s values and contribute to the society that they live in. This is achieved by encouraging students to live out and practice the Academy values of Integrity, Respect, Optimism, Responsibility, Appreciation, Aspiration, Generosity and Inclusivity. Our curriculum is tailored to the particular needs of our community and designed so that all students maximise their academic potential so that they can flourish, both whilst at school and throughout their lives, as pro-active British citizens. We have a particular emphasis on ensuring that students who come from disadvantaged backgrounds excel in all aspects of Academy life. We provide a safe, caring and inspirational learning environment based on high quality learning, exceptional pastoral support and a stunning co-curricular programme. You can find more information about our school on our website https://www.broadway-academy.co.uk/
Similar jobs nearby
Junction Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY8 1JX
Teacher of Design & Technology - Beacon Hill Academy
Beacon Hill Academy
High Arcal Drive, Dudley, West Midlands, DY3 1BP
St Francis of Assisi Catholic College
Erdington Road, Walsall, West Midlands, WS9 0RN
The Ladder School
40 George Street, Walsall, WS1 1RS
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Birmingham and West Midlands