Teacher of French
We seek to appoint a Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages, specialising in French, to join our committed and hard-working team. The successful candidate will be inspiring and ambitious. Experience of having delivered the new GCSE specification would be advantageous. The department enjoys some of the highest results in the academy thanks to the dedication and enthusiasm of its skilled practitioners, and we welcome applications from candidates who can continue to motivate our students to achieve their best. The school is oversubscribed, has achieved significantly above average Progress 8 scores over the past three years and holds an Ofsted rating of good
Essential educational requirements
A degree in a Modern Foreign Language or equivalent.
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Evidence of commitment to own professional development.
• Teaching across the age 11-16 age range in training or in post;
• Excellent classroom practitioner;
• A keen interest in developing teaching and learning within your subject area;
• A good understanding of planning and assessment techniques;
• The ability to create a stimulating learning environment;
• High expectations of self, colleagues and learners;
• Good communication skills
• A positive role model for young people;
• Passion for teaching;
• Commitment, enthusiasm and flexibility;
• Punctual and well organised;
• Reflective, resilient and resourceful
High quality CPD
We do not tolerate bullying, defiance or rudeness and this has made for harmonious and safe learning environments for our young people, and a supportive environment for staff.
About BBG Academy
The BBG Academy, as part of the Rodillian Multi Academy Trust, is committed to providing opportunities in a school where traditional values of discipline, behaviour and respect are sacrosanct, along with the most innovative, differentiated and state of the art curriculum available. The Academy instils in all students a “Growth Mindset” which is a belief that intelligence is far from fixed or inherited but an area where we can all improve if we work hard and learn from our mistakes. This mindset is placed at the heart of teaching and learning and curriculum design and enables our young people to see their experiences within school and beyond as a place to develop their abilities and nurtures them to see challenges as opportunities to flourish. We have high expectations of our students and staff to deliver the highest standards. Teachers are encouraged to be imaginative and creative in the classroom in order to create motivational and inspiring lessons. The cornerstone of our Trust and our reason for its continued success and expansion is “Positive Discipline”, which enables us to reward good progress, behaviour and outstanding work. These high expectations of both students and staff were recognised in March 2016, when Ofsted graded BBG Academy as a Good school in all areas. We are extremely proud of this achievement and pleased that the hard work of students, staff and parents has been recognised. We are not complacent, and are relentless in our pursuit of excellence for the future generations of the Academy.
- Bradford Road, Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, BD19 4BE
- BBG Academy website (opens in a new window)