- Maternity or parental leave cover (9 month - possibly longer)
Teacher of French - Maternity Cover job summary
Thank you for taking an interest in our school. Aylestone School is federated with two primary schools with
one Executive Headteacher. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic, creative teacher to
join our school as a teacher of French for a maternity cover position. We are looking for an inspiring teacher
with a real passion for their subject, with the ability to teach French across KS3- 4, including at GCSE level.
We offer you an exciting opportunity to work with and enhance a forward thinking, successful, small,
supportive and motivated team. Whilst the school has a relentless focus on high expectations and
aspirations we are proud to provide a happy and nurturing environment, so that as well as maturing into
well-rounded, confident young people, our students develop a passion for learning.
We are looking for a teacher who has a clear commitment to achieving the best possible outcomes for
pupils of all abilities. Applications are welcomed from ECT’s as well as more experienced teachers.
We are looking for a candidate who:
• is or has the potential to be an outstanding teacher
• is highly organised, motivational and flexible
• is an inclusive individual, with high expectations of all students and who is committed to all students
reaching their full potential
• is dedicated to raising standards and working in partnership with others
We can offer:
• a supportive leadership team and vibrant professional community
• quality training to those new to the career
• a commitment to continuing professional development
• a positive school culture
• a Federation CPD programme
• an opportunity to work with our federated primary schools
The Governing Body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young
people and vulnerable adults. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through
the Disclosure and Barring Service and additional recruitment checks.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Aylestone School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 16
- School size
- 419 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
Aylestone School is a co-educational 11-16 school, located in the picturesque Cathedral City of Hereford, adjacent to the Herefordshire Colleges' campus for Further Education, and 10 minutes walk from the City railway station.
Arranging a visit to Aylestone School
Should you wish to visit the school or talk to key staff prior to application then we would welcome the
opportunity to talk to you about our school. If you would like to arrange this, then please call and ask for
Mrs Becky Kastania, PA to the Headteacher (01432 357371), or to discuss the post over the phone with Mr