||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
We are looking for candidates whose dynamism, commitment, energy, professional expertise and experience qualify them to take on this exciting and challenging role. The successful candidate will facilitate and encourage learning, enabling all students to achieve high standards. The successful candidate will share and support the corporate responsibility for the wellbeing, education and behaviour of all students within this rapidly improving department and the school as a whole.
To perform all duties in line with the National Teacher Standards.
• To prepare and teach lessons of a high standard:
o following designated programmes of study
o using assessment to capture and enhance student academic progress, in planning and for formative and summative purposes
o providing information for the departmental students’ performance tracking and whole-school data systems
o monitoring students in accordance with agreed department strategies
• To maintain discipline in accordance with school policies and demonstrate good practice in class with regard to attendance, appearance, uniform, punctuality, behaviour and completion of classwork and homework
• To contribute to the corporate tasks of development, record keeping, monitoring, evaluation of lessons and maintenance of resources
• To apply school homework policy, including the marking and setting of homework on a regular basis, according to policy
• To work closely with and consult those teachers, who are responsible for other curriculum areas, ensuring continuity and progression for students
• To record student progress, using the tracking system and to use this information to plan for student progress and to report to parents
• To engage in continuous professional development
Knowledge and Skills
Classroom teachers should demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of:
• The principles and practices of effective learning and teaching
• Preparation of schemes of work and lessons, according to Montgomery Programmes of Study and the revised National Curriculum
• Principles and practices of monitoring/ assessment/ evaluation
and must demonstrate in an on-going fashion the appropriate level and depth of professional attributes, professional knowledge and understanding and professional skills for their particular career stage, as defined in the current Professional Standards for Teachers and Appraisal arrangements.
Applying for the job
All information can be found at the following link:
More on how to apply
About Montgomery Academy
Montgomery Academy is a rapidly improving school with good leadership and determined to deliver the highest quality education.
Montgomery Academy is situated in Bispham, north Blackpool. We are proud of our reputation for securing both high quality academic achievement and providing the best possible learning opportunities and support for our students. These high standards are built upon foundations of mutual respect, collective values and the firm belief that learning counts and people really matter. The school is energetic, inclusive and continually seeking ways to improve the opportunities as well as draw the best talents, expertise and experience for students and staff alike.
The Academy’s sponsor is FCAT, the Fylde Coast Academy Trust, a growing and developing Multi Academy Trust which is committed to “promoting excellence in teaching, learning and leadership”. You would be joining the ‘family of schools’ within FCAT which will provide outstanding opportunities for future professional growth and potential promotion. Furthermore, the Academy is also part of the Fylde Coast Teaching School which delivers high quality courses on teaching and leadership as well as the opportunity for colleagues to network and share good practice to improve opportunities for young people across the region. We are determined to build upon this further and are looking to appoint like-minded professionals to join us on our journey of continuous improvement.
Montgomery Academy has been on a journey of improvement since April 2016 when it came out of Special Measures. It is currently Requiring Improvement though had a very positive Section 8 inspection in May 2019 where we told to continue embedding the strategies we had already put in place. Leadership was described as a strength of the academy. The reputation of the academy grows year on year with the proportion of parents putting us as first choice rising by 30% this year. We are developing a culture amongst our students of self-regulation specifically being safe, mature, ambitious, respectful and thoughtful. In the last year, we have celebrated serving our community for 60 years since Field Marshall Montgomery officially opened the school in 1959. All staff, students and parents/carers form the Montgomery Family and our family-ethos is the cornerstone of our continual improvement. So you would be joining a much improved school with a positive and forward looking agenda. We are all optimistic about the future for the school.
Arranging a visit to Montgomery Academy
Contact Faye Burrows on either the email address or phone number provided
All Hallows Road, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY2 0AZ