Candidates will be expected to have the following skills and knowledge:
● A thorough knowledge of their subject particularly in relation to the new NationalCurriculum, GCSE, and 16-19 developments.
● The appropriate skills required to be an efficient and effective teacher and interest indeveloping this practice further.
● The ability to plan, organise, assess, monitor and evaluate effectively, and to maintain astimulating learning environment. Knowledge of assessment including at Advanced Level.
● Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
● Effective skills in the use of ICT, particularly in relation to GIS and Geography apps.
● The skills required to be an effective form tutor.
● The ability to devise strategies for implementing policies leading to equality of opportunity.
● An understanding of and commitment to whole-school issues in a diverse school and thewillingness to be involved in all aspects of the work of the department and to contribute to the wider life of the school.
● The potential to develop management and leadership qualities further.
If you are successful in your application, you will share in the leadership and management of a staff whoare hard-working, committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
● a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation tonationally recognised courses and providers (SSAT, Teaching Leaders, Future Leaders, NPQs);
● clear pathways for career development and progression with a proven track-record of success indeveloping leaders;
● a supportive and collegiate environment, with regular staff social and sporting activities (such asyoga, football and House events);
● excellent opportunities for leading work with external partners (National Support School, NationalTeaching School);
● a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practicelocally and nationally in a range of fields.
Dunraven School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
This job post has expired.