North Birmingham Academy is looking to recruit a full time Teacher of Geography with a proven track record of delivering high standards in educational for pupils.
We are interested to hear from a teacher who shares the same vision of ‘opening minds, opening doors’ for all our pupils. As part of E-ACT, we are passionate about ensuring all pupils are educated to a high standard and experience outstanding opportunities, no matter their background.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a similar setting with the ability to demonstrate how their Geography skills have made a difference in pupil achievement and staff development. Our Geography teacher needs to be dynamic and driven to achieve high standards for our Academy, not only for our pupils and staff, but for our parents and local community.
North Birmingham Academy is a truly inspirational secondary school to be part of, with phenomenal staff and pupils. They need a Geography teacher who can now take them on the rest of the journey to outstanding so the successful candidate will:
· Inspire and motivate others
· Provide strong, professional, compassionate teaching
· Think and plan strategically
· Promote and facilitate high quality teaching and learning which aims to ensure all pupils fulfil their potential
· Maintain and develop the supportive culture of the staff team
· Involve parents in their child’s educational journey
· Build on the positive relationships with the local community and work tirelessly to maintain the excellent reputation of the school and the high regard in which it is held
· An exceptional record of being a Geography teacher
· Promote high standards of behaviour based on fairness and mutual respect
· Have significant experience of (KS3/4)
· Skills and experience to establish high standards of teaching
· Knowledge and expertise to build on established processes and systems
Part of the E-ACT family:
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 28 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector -leading work -life balance arrangements.
Our Trust offers:
· Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
· Ride to Work Scheme
· Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
· Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
· 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
Find out more about E-ACT: www.e-act.org.uk
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing and returning our application and equal opportunities form.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.