We are looking for an exceptional Teacher of PE and Geography to join the team here at Parkwood E-ACT Academy. Do you want to be part of our dedicated and enthusiastic team, committed to providing every young person at Parkwood with the very best start in life and education of the highest possible standard. At the heart of everything are our core values 'Believe, Achieve and Succeed'. The purpose of this role is to develop, plan and deliver effective and high-quality learning experiences for all students, ensuring progression is central to all lesson plans and giving our students the confidence to think big for themselves as they progress through our academy.
Reporting to the Head of Faculty, this post holder will be accountable for
Teaching and learning
- Have high expectations of learners to ensure they achieve their full educational potential
- Set challenging teaching and learning objectives which are relevant to all students in your classes
- ·Select and prepare a range of resources that take in to account all students’ learning needs, languages and cultural backgrounds
- Apply a range of teaching strategies to deliver learning objectives and incorporate inclusive strategies that meet the needs of all learners
- To work collaboratively with other professionals and manage the work of support staff to enhance students’ learning
Assessment and Reporting
- Have knowledge of a range of approaches to assessment, including questioning, oral assessment and self-assessment and the importance of formative assessment.
- Make effective use of a range of assessment monitoring and recording strategies to assess the learning needs of your students in order to set challenging learning objectives and plan for future teaching.
- Mark and monitor students’ class work and homework/independent learning within agreed deadlines to provide constructive feedback and opportunities for reflection to learners on their attainment, progress and areas for development.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.