Teacher of Geography
We are looking for someone to join us to teach geography. Our Humanities team have a real passion for their subject and a proven record of supporting and developing staff. We’re looking for someone who shares the love of teaching Geography and who has the desire to work as a team player and motivate our young people to achieve their potential.
Essential educational requirements
• Have qualified teacher status or be working towards QTS.
• Have great subject knowledge and be able to demonstrate passion and enthusiasm in communicating this to others.
• Demonstrate ability to be an outstanding teacher or a strongly ‘good’ teacher.
• Clear potential to progress in their career and a commitment to pursue appropriate professional training and development.
Essential skills and experience
• Possession of a wide range of skills to support staff, students, parents and community towards absolute excellence.
• The skills, experience and ability to gain the confidence of students and staff.
• Professional presence, capability and clarity with an excellent demonstration of the ability to motivate and empower.
• The ability to understand and use data to promote effective teaching and learning and maintain high department standards of student achievement
We offer pay scales above the national standard with rapid progression for those who get consistent outstanding student outcomes, reduced gym membership to our on-site gym, reduced fees for the on-site nursery, and a laptop. There is a car leasing scheme and all staff can access ‘Perkbox’ offering discounts in weekly shopping, high street stores and flights and holidays. Why? Because we want the best for all our staff as well as our students!
About The Regis School
- Westloats Lane, West Sussex, PO21 5LH
- The Regis School website (opens in a new window)