Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Business studies, Health and social care
Turner Free School are looking to recruit an exceptional Teacher of Health and Social Care and Business for September 2020. We welcome applications from outstanding practitioners who will help us ensure that our values of Teamwork, Fairness and Success continue to be brought to life as TFS grows, and who are committed to supporting our vision to create a school where all children thrive and knowledge matters. As a faculty, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional, innovative teaching and learning, enabling our scholars to overcome any barriers to learning. We believe in the power of direct instruction, Read Alouds, mixed-ability classes and a knowledge-based curriculum, and are unashamedly ambitious for what every child in our care can achieve. Our high standards of behaviour ensure that our teachers are free to focus on creating and delivering the very best lessons to our scholars.
We are looking for enthusiastic, inspirational teachers with the knowledge and vision to ensure that all of our scholars can be successful. This role will provide you with the opportunity to play a key role in shaping our curriculum and provision in these subject areas throughout our exciting new school.
The ideal candidates will…
* be dedicated to improving pupil progress and raising attainment
* be highly motivated, with a passion for education
* possess the drive and determination to overcome disadvantage in a new and growing school, which requires an ‘all-hands on deck’ approach
* be able to teach both Health and Social Care and Business at Key Stage 4
* value our warm-strict environment, with silent transitions to support the well-being of our SEND scholars
* believe that a knowledge-rich curriculum levels the playing field for all pupils
* be proactive to provide pupils with engaging extra-curricular clubs
* be proactive in working with colleagues across the Trust.
In return, we can offer...
* fabulous scholars who work hard and who want to learn
* a dedicated faculty team of teachers and associate staff, who are always willing to go above and beyond to support our scholars, and one another
* ongoing professional development and support for future career progression
* Quality Assurance cycles which are genuinely developmental for all colleagues
* a Trust which takes scholar and faculty welfare and intellectual development seriously
* supportive governors and a dedicated faculty team who are continually willing to learn
* a genuine opportunity to make a difference and be part of our continuing journey
* Free health benefits from Benenden Health medical. This includes a 24/7 GP service which can prescribe, counselling sessions, and access to the BUPA hospital network as well as physiotherapist.
* Applications will be reviewed as they come in.
For our values and ethos, please visit our website www.turnerfreeschool.org
Applying for the job
Please complete an application by clicking on the link below:-
https://www.turnerschools.com/careers/how-to-applyMore on how to apply
299 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Turner Free School
The Turner Free School is an academically ambitious and inclusive school for 11-18 year old pupils in the Cheriton area of Folkestone. In other words, it is a grammar-style school for everyone. As a smaller than average secondary school, all pupils are known and educated as individuals. The school has a knowledge-led curriculum, organised along the principles established by Professors Michael Young of the IOE and E.D. Hirsch of the University of Virginia, to ensure all pupils receive the knowledge they need to thrive in the modern world. In addition, to give pupils a leading edge for further education and employment, modern foreign languages are emphasised, with the aspiration that all pupils will achieve a working standard by the time that they graduate from the school.
As a free school the Turner Free School is a new Academy school; directly funded by central government and independent of Local Authority control. Like other free schools, the Turner Free School has a responsibility to expand the educational offer locally, to promote higher standards inclusively, to address local social issues and to ensure excellent value for the public purse.
The Turner Free School is part of Turner Schools, which is committed to giving a powerful education to local families through schools where children thrive and knowledge matters. Turner Schools is committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. It expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to thorough recruitment checks, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Two references are required prior to commencement of employment. We are an equal opportunities employer.