Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Will consider full-time, part-time, job share
MPR / UPR
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional and inspiring Teacher of History who is passionate about their subject and able to make a positive contribution to the learning experiences of our students. Applications from Newly Qualified Teachers or experienced teachers are encouraged and a comprehensive induction and support package would be available if appropriate.
History at Robert May’s School has always attracted a high uptake at GCSE. Students go on to sixth form colleges well-equipped to study the subject at A Level and beyond. In addition to the curriculum offering, the department runs study visits to the First World War battlefields, Auschwitz, Germany and Odiham Castle.
At RMS, we are looking for a teacher who:
• Has excellent subject knowledge and strong teaching skills
• Is able to build positive relationships with all learners and is committed to raising attainment of all students
• Will work collaboratively within the History team to contribute to the success of the department
• Is willing to commit to extracurricular activities that add value to the school and local community
• Is able to respond positively and creatively to the changing expectations of the subject
In return, we can offer:
• Excellent support and fantastic opportunities for continued professional development
• High priority given to staff and student wellbeing
• A dedicated and hardworking team who place students at the heart of everything
• Supportive families who value education and great students who want to learn
• A well-resourced curriculum area
• A broad, exciting and personalised curriculum with a focus on collaborative planning
• A full programme of trips and visits, giving you the chance to share in making positive memories with students
• Consistently excellent student attainment and progress
We pride ourselves on our ethos and culture which promotes positive relationships and behaviour. In our most recent Ofsted report (May 2017), inspectors observed that ‘there is a positive ethos throughout the school, which is enhanced by strong relationships between staff and pupils. Pupils conduct themselves well, and are respectful and courteous to one another. Behaviour continues to be typically exemplary’.
History is a leading department within the school and we are proud of our outstanding record of success. In 2020, 86.4% of our students achieved a Grade 4 or higher in History,
and 81% of students achieved a Grade 4 or higher in both English and Maths. We have high expectations of all our students and are committed to the personal and professional development of our staff.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
1262 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Robert May's School
Robert May’s School, which dates from 1694, is a high attaining and oversubscribed 11-16 Single Academy Trust with a distinctive ethos based on the charitable principles of our founder. We are situated in a semi-rural setting in Hampshire, with good rail and road access.
Arranging a visit to Robert May's School
We would welcome the opportunity for an informal discussion or visit. Please contact Lisa Shackleton, HR Officer on 01256 702700 or email@example.com for further information or to arrange a visit.