Teacher of ICT / ICT NQT
The Chalk Hills Academy, Luton, Bedfordshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,373 to £35,971|
The Chalk Hills Academy have a wonderful opportunity for a passionate and dynamic Teacher of ICT to join our successful department. The Chalk Hills Academy are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. Our academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs. Our facilities include a brand new gym with new equipment from April 2019 which staff are welcome to use after school hours and a brand new Sixth Form block opened in September 2019.
Our thriving ICT Department currently delivers a range of vocational and academic programmes of study. We are looking for a positive teacher who will teach in creative ways, catering for all needs and developing pupils’ capabilities. We welcome applications from NQTs who are embarking on starting their teaching career and from more experienced colleagues.
It’s incredibly important to us here at The Chalk Hills Academy that all our teachers feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Chalk Hills Academy!
• Be able to develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences to all students
• Be an aspirational professional who is enthusiastic, influential and committed to working in pursuit of success for the academy and its learners.
• To set high expectations for all pupils, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their achievement.
• To assess pupils’ work systematically and use the results to inform future planning, teaching and curricular development.
The successful candidate will:
• Have qualified teacher status and experience delivering ICT
• Have demonstrable commitment to inclusive teaching and learning.
• Be able to demonstrate the appropriate motivation to work with young people
• Use data to inform target setting and planning.
VISITS ARE WARMLY WELCOMED!
• Start date: September 2020
• Salary: MPS 1 – 6 - £24,373 - £35,971 (depending on experience)
• Job Role: Full time, Permanent
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Team working Skills
Experience planning and monitoring student progress
Ability to deliver high quality lessons
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
• £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
• You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
• Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
• Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
• Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
• Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “Together with your leadership team, governors and the trust you have established high expectations for behaviour, teaching and achievement. Leaders have made sure that strategies are in place which have led to improvements in the quality of teaching, learning, assessment and the curriculum. Leaders have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour. Leaders work well with staff to ensure that the school is typically a calm, orderly and purposeful environment.” Ofsted May 2018More on how to apply
|School size||1401 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Chalk Hills Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About The Chalk Hills Academy
Leagrave High St, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 0NE