Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (1 year)
We are seeking a highly committed individual with drive, passion, enthusiasm, and ambition to join our Mathematics Department and play a crucial part in supporting students to confidently move forward in their learning. Your challenge will be to teach excellent Mathematics lessons to identified small groups of students, leading to high levels of student progress. The purpose of this role is to provide intervention teaching as a result of the COVID pandemic. This post will be funded by specific government allocated COVID catch-up funding and is, therefore, offered on a fixed term basis for one year.
- an inspirational, dedicated and forward-thinking classroom practitioner
- able to assess, plan and deliver excellent lessons that ensure high levels of learning for all
- able to close any prior gaps in learning, whilst helping students to make significant progress in new learning
- committed to raising standards
- creative, enthusiastic and committed to active learning?
- demonstrate excellent planning, communication and organisational skills
- be able to enthuse and motivate all students
- have incredibly high expectations
- be an excellent team player
- believe that all students are capable of success.
If you think you can make a difference to our students and relish the idea of joining our successful, supportive and highly motivated team in the delivery of outstanding education, then we want to hear from you!
Applying for the job
Further details relating to the role and application forms are available on our website.More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
1257 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Newton Abbot College
Our mission is to inspire, support and challenge every individual to be better than they ever dreamt they could be. This is a mission that we take very seriously and it applies to both adults and students. In order to support this mission, we have established an ethos of traditional values and incredibly high expectations and a culture of high quality teaching supported by exceptional pastoral care.
As an inclusive and comprehensive College, we are committed to broadening the horizons and improving the life chances of young people. We do this by increasing their opportunities and maximising their outcomes. We constantly strive for excellence: for all and in everything.
If you like what you see and read, and believe that you can support us in continuing to achieve great things here at Newton Abbot College, then do get in touch. We would welcome your support and involvement as we dare to Imagine What’s Possible...
- Paul Cornish, Principal