- MPS or UPS
Teacher of Mathematics job summary
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint an excellent Teacher of Mathematics to continue the work of this faculty.
The successful candidates must be able to:
• plan and deliver outstanding lessons that engage and motive students
• work well as part of a team
• embrace the co-curricula and extra curricula aspects of the academy
• have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• have a ‘can-do’ attitude; be highly organised and
• have the ability to work under pressure.
The Governing Body is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people so all staff appointments are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Candidates should indicate an acceptance of, and a commitment to, the Academy’s policies in relation to equality and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Teacher of Mathematics
Due to continual growth in pupil numbers, we seek an additional Teacher of Maths. To provide highly effective teaching of Maths across all key stages, contributing to the ongoing development of the Faculty. To be a full and contributing member of the Maths Faculty and the Academy.
The post could be part time (please state the number of days you could potentially offer) or if full time the timetable is likely to include initially some small group tutoring as part of our catch-up work and support.
The Maths Faculty at David Nieper Academy
The Maths Faculty at David Nieper Academy teaches both Mathematics and Statistics at key stages 3, 4 & 5 as well as leading on whole school numeracy.
In Key Stage 3 & 4, students follow a spiral Mastery Mathematics curriculum which covers the subject content requirements of:
• Key Stage 3 Mathematics & Statistics
• GCSE Mathematics
• GCSE Statistics
• Level 2 Further Mathematics (more able year 11)
At Key Stage 5, we have a small resit group who also study Functional Skills alongside their GCSE Maths resit. We are also very excited to have introduced A-Level Maths in September 2021 and we are looking forward to developing our A-Level curriculum.
We use the Teaching for Mastery approach within our Key Stage 3 & 4 Mathematics curriculum and the maths team work together to collaboratively plan lessons that develop a deep and lasting understanding of mathematical procedures and concepts. Lessons are designed to have a high-level of teacher-student and student-student interaction and students are taught to use mathematics creatively to solve problems and explore multiple representations and methods within maths lessons.
Employability is embedded into our maths curriculum and we use examples of how Mathematics and Statistics are used in other subject areas across the Academy as well as within different industries and aspects of everyday life to enable students to make links and develop an understanding of why we learn Mathematics.
We are actively involved in the local NCETM Maths Hub providing plenty of opportunities for subject specific professional development and involvement in national projects & working groups. Through our engagement with the NCETM this year, members of the Maths Faculty have accessed a wide range of CPD opportunities and have worked collaboratively with other local schools to improve the teaching of Mathematics.
This is an immensely exciting time to join this relatively new faculty on our drive to promote a love for Mathematics and dispel the myth that some people “just can’t do maths”. Our Teaching Mastery approach is proving popular with our students and more students than ever are engaged in their maths lessons and are encouraged by the belief that everyone can do maths. You will be working collaboratively as part of a supportive team who are committed to developing our own subject pedagogy and building a curriculum that ensures all students can succeed.
• To teach Maths across all key stages
• To be a form tutor
• To contribute to the co-curricular life of the school
• Participate in the academy Performance Management arrangements
Teaching and Learning
• Plan and teach engaging and challenging lessons that pave the way for success in school
• Meet the needs of all learners by consistently planning and teaching carefully
• Contribute to Faculty planning and the creation and updating of schemes of work
• Use regular, measurable and significant assessments of teaching
• Set and mark appropriate homework
• Complete all reporting on time
• Closely monitor progress and attainment of all students and use it to inform teaching
• Provide content for and, where necessary, deliver high quality student interventions with
direction from the Head of Faculty
• Work hard to ensure that all students achieve or exceed targets
• Maintain regular and productive communication with parents about their child’s progress,
behaviour and development, including attending after school parent meetings as required
• Undertake professional development as agreed with academy leaders
• Perform additional duties and tasks required for the effective operation of the school as
directed by the Headteacher.
• Free access to BUPA Employee Assistance Programme
• Free onsite Parking
• Generous discount at the David Nieper Ltd factory shop
A TLR may be available for suitably qualified candidate
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.