Teacher of Mathematics (part-time or full-time)
The Marlborough Church of England School, Woodstock, Oxfordshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490 per year (full-time equivalent)|
• To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment and progress.
• To promote and safeguard the safety and well-being of all students and young people.
• To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
• To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher and Form Tutor where appropriate.
• To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for the personal and academic development of children and young people.
• Plan, deliver and evaluate consistently high quality lessons that engage all students and help them to make progress in their understanding of your subject.
• Plan well-structured lessons that meet the needs of all pupils through effective structuring of tasks so they provide challenge or support as appropriate.
• Ensure that pupils’ progress is regularly and accurately assessed and that feedback to pupils is used both summative and formatively to enhance the attainment and progress of all pupils.
• Ensure that standards of behaviour in classes support effective learning and take action to manage inappropriate behaviour in accordance with the school’s Behaviour Management Policy.
• Show commitment and responsibility for own professional development and ensuring best practice in classroom teaching and learning.
• Provide extra-curricular opportunities that are an essential part of subject provision such as drama and musical productions and PE fixtures.
• Keep subject knowledge up to date.
• Contribute to the development of schemes of work and department resources.
• Contribute to preparing for changes to GCSE, A level syllabuses.
• Contribute to the implementation of new courses within the subject area.
• Attend Department and Year Team meetings as part of directed time.
• To be familiar with and adhere to all School Policies.
• To fulfil your duties and responsibilities regarding safeguarding pupils and health and safety.
• To support the aims and ethos of the school and promote good relationships with students, colleagues and parents.
• To set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance.
• To participate in the School’s arrangements for appraisal, professional development, meetings cycle, quality assurance and internal verification.
• Under the reasonable direction of the Principal carry out the professional duties of a School teacher as set out in the current School Teachers’ pay and Conditions Document (STPCD).
Essential educational requirements
Educated to Degree Level or Equivalent.
Recent and Relevant CPD.
Qualified Teacher Status.
Essential skills and experience
Ability to use IT effectively
Use data to improve pupil performance
High quality teaching to students of all abilities
Excellent skills in managing student behaviour
Demonstrable experience of improving student outcomes
Experience as a Form Tutor and/or Pastoral Work
Willingness to support Extra Curricular Activities
Excellent communication and organisational skills
Ability to promote the school’s aims positively
Ability to organise and prioritise workload and work on own initiative
Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively
Commitment to personal career development
A passion for education and a desire to make a genuine difference
Ability to create a happy, challenging and effective learning environment
|School type||Academy, Church of England|
|School size||1015 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Marlborough Church of England School website (opens in a new window)|
Shipton Road, Woodstock, Oxfordshire, OX20 1LP