Teacher of Mathematics
Mathematics Newly Qualified Teacher - July/September 2020
Permanent, Full-Time position
Main Pay Scale with additional London Fringe Allowance
We are looking for a Mathematics NQT to join this well-led school for a permanent role from September 2020. This role would especially suit newly qualified candidates, as experience is less important than the ability to enthuse and inspire our students.
In November 2017 Ofsted reported that:
“The Headteacher, leaders and governors are committed to improving pupils’ life chances”
“Pupils’ conduct is typically good and they treat one another with respect”
“Pupils feel safe and are kept safe”
“Pupils are well looked after and are provided with the opportunity to succeed”
“Strong relationships exist between staff and pupils”
Are you an NQT, or going to be an NQT by the end of this academic year?
Are you thinking about which secondary school you want to spend your induction year with?
Do you want to spend your NQT induction year in a supportive and nurturing secondary school?
Are you looking to give your teaching career the best possible start?
Mathematics is a well-managed, vibrant and innovative department which provides excellent opportunities for career development. The maths department work closely with the local maths hub and the NCETM to develop Teaching for Mastery within the community.
The maths department comprises of seven full size teaching rooms and two smaller teaching rooms. The successful candidate will have the ability to teach at both key stage 3, 4 and 5.
As an NQT Mathematics Teacher at this school, you will be an important member of the mathematics department and a valued member of the entire school. An experienced Mathematics Teacher will support you in your NQT year to ensure you are developing into an ‘outstanding’ practitioner. The school offers a dedicated and impressive induction programme alongside incredible ongoing professional development.
We would like to meet a capable and confident maths NQT with high expectations and good awareness of how to motivate pupils. The successful candidate will demonstrate an exceptional standard of teaching and an ability to promote the academic achievement of all pupils.
Located in Sandhurst, bordering Hampshire, Berkshire and Surrey, this thriving secondary school is in an ideal location for both local applicants and for those commuting to and from surrounding towns. The school offers on-site parking for drivers and is easily accessible via public transport routes.
This NQT role is expected to offer exciting progression in a great and supportive secondary school environment. As an NQT entering your first teaching job, this is a position that will help you to settle into your career and push you to become the best possible teacher.
Early-Career Payment - eligible mathematics teachers can apply for early-career payments please see details at: https://bit.ly/34joRF2
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Please contact Claire Read, PA to Headteacher on 01344 775678 or email email@example.com to arrange a visit.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent
Essential skills and experience
Have a proven track record of excellence in teaching
- Potential to qualify for reduced rent housing as part of Bracknell Forest recruitment plan
- Laptops are provided for all teaching staff
- CPD opportunities are available to all staff at all levels
- Dedicated PPA time is protected for individuals
- Free flu vaccinations are offered to all staff
- The staffroom is warm and welcoming to all staff
- The staff social committee organises events throughout the year
- Staff have access to counselling and mindfulness support
- There are regular informal sporting fixtures for staff of all abilities
- There is a running club for beginners to support physical and emotional wellbeing
- Free access to our fitness studio
- Birthday biscuits and cake!
- We have a weekly Heroes Award
- We try hard to ensure you don’t miss key family events such as weddings, graduations and school plays
- There is a nursery adjacent to the school with negotiable rates for staff
About Sandhurst School
- Owlsmoor Road, Sandhurst, Berkshire, GU47 0SD
- LA Maintained School
- Sandhurst School website (opens in a new window)