Teacher of Mathematics (with TLR responsibility for suitable candidate)
9 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
11 June 2023 at 11:59pm
26 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.436 hours per week. Would consider applicants who are looking for part time work up to 0.4 FTE.
There is the opportunity for a candidate with suitable experience to take on the responsibility for developing and implementing the existing whole school Numeracy Strategy.
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Excellent classroom practitioner with the ability to be ‘outstanding.’
- Specialist knowledge of the Mathematics curriculum.
- Able to motivate and inspire students to have deep learning experiences in Mathematics.
- Able to plan effectively for a range of learning styles and abilities.
- Able to use a range of assessment strategies to provide effective feedback that enables students to make effective progress.
- Able to use assessment data to effectively plan next steps in students’ learning.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Committed to ongoing Professional Learning and development.
- Fluent in the use of ICT for learning, teaching and administration.
- Able to be flexible and to use initiative to move strategies forward and maximise impact.
What the school offers its staff
Staff at Balshaw’s have an hour per week of dedicated Professional Development time which currently takes place on a Thursday evening. Balshaw’s is also a member of a number of school-to-school support networks that are a legacy of Teaching Schools and staff both deliver training and are able to take part in training across these networks.
All staff are provided with laptop computers, have a dedicated staffroom, staff silent working room, CPD library, Staff Health and Wellbeing Resource Library and various kitchen areas and departmental offices. Staff also benefit from the use of a fully-equipped fitness suite.
Those who come to teach and work at Balshaw’s will have fantastic opportunities to progress their careers and gain a wealth of experience. That said, Balshaw’s also enjoys an incredibly stable workforce and when you hear the phrase ‘Once a Balshavian, always a Balshavian’ you will realise it to be a truth. The school is only on its 14th headteacher in its 241 year history!
Balshaw’s is more than a school – it is a family. This post offers you the opportunity to become part of the Balshaw’s family where you will be able to make a difference to the lives of the young people who are our future.
Further details about the role
- The role would suit an ECT. However, there is also the opportunity for a candidate with suitable experience to take on the responsibility for developing and implementing the existing whole school Numeracy Strategy.
- All teachers at Balshaw’s have additional planning time above the 10% PPA that is part of the STPCD.
- You would be working in a department that is staffed entirely by Maths specialists.
- If you are an ECT, in addition to our ECT coordinator, our ECT mentor is a member of the Maths department so you would receive our ECT support programme from a subject specialist.
- Although this position is required from September, we would consider an application from a colleague in post who would only be able to start in January.
- We are fortunate to have the staffing flexibility to be able to consider applicants who are looking for part time work up to 0.4FTE.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Balshaw's Church of England High School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 918 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01772 421009
Voluntary Controlled Secondary School (Ages 11 - 16)
Arranging a visit to Balshaw's Church of England High School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Dean Trust Rose Bridge
Holt Street, Wigan, Greater Manchester, WN1 3HD
The Westleigh School
Westleigh Lane, Leigh, Lancashire, WN7 5NL
Eden Boys' School Bolton
Wolfenden Street, Bolton, Greater Manchester, BL1 3QE
Darwen Vale High School
Blackburn Road, Darwen, Lancashire, BB3 0AL
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Lancashire, Blackburn and Blackpool