TMS1- UPS 3 (£25,714 - £41,604)
Teacher of Maths
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Temporary Maternity Cover
Start Date: 30th April 2021
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you relish the chance to support colleagues to make rapid sustained school improvement? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
What we offer:
· A department that is friendly and forward-thinking, who are highly regarded by staff, students and parents alike. We have opportunities for staff to teach at all key stages including A-Level, and we are particularly proud to offer a range of Post-16 Mathematics courses, including A-Level Maths, Further Maths and the new Core Maths qualification. At Key Stage 4 our students will be entered for Edexcel GCSE Mathematics and some students will complete AQA Level 2 Further Mathematics. Departmental results for Year 11 and 13 students are consistently good and the department is continually aspiring to improve on this success.
· The Mathematics team offers access to events such as the UK Maths Challenge and UKMT Team Maths Challenges, and we are continuously looking for ways to enrich our students' curriculum. This includes trips, taster sessions, competitions and enrichment sessions after school.
· Finham Park is a popular, successful and exciting secondary comprehensive school of over 1,500 students and is consistently oversubscribed. The school was rated as 'Outstanding' for the second time in 2015. Standards are consistently above national averages with us being a high performing school that received 'World Class' status for the second time in 2018.
· We provide a wealth of CPD opportunities for staff across a range of stages in their careers. The CPD responds to the needs of the school, the staff and the Multi Academy Trust through our Teaching School, The Lion Alliance.
· We have a commitment to improving staff well-being through a school well-being charter and a commitment to improving work-life balance.
· The school offers a number of onsite benefits including free parking, a high quality staffroom, on site café and access to a gym.
Find out more about life at the school from social media:
Twitter: @FinhamPark Facebook: www.facebook/FinhamPark1
What you offer:
· Someone who is committed and motivated professional with an ambitious vision for the subject.
· An experienced teacher who wants to work in a leading Academy focused on ensuring that all students achieve or exceed their potential.
· A team player.
Closing and interview dates:
Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com by Friday onday 18th January 2021 at 10am with interviews being held on Monday 25th January 2021.
Finham Park is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be request to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.More on how to apply
1541 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Finham Park School
Finham Park School is the Lead School in the recently established Finham Park Multi Academy Trust. Primary and Secondary schools in Finham Park MAT will set out to pioneer, innovate and deliver a “World Class” education for all.
Finham Park School was judged as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2015 for the second time. It is a Specialist College in Mathematics & Computing, a National Support School, and Leading Edge School. It is situated in the heart of the city of Coventry and is an 11-18 Academy for pupils aged 11 to 19. It is highly over-subscribed with a Sixth Form of over 300 students. In 2016 Finham Park was certified as a “World Class” school - a place where all our students develop a love of “learning for life”.
Green Lane, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 6EA