Teacher of Maths
This job expired on 7 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
7 June 2023 at 9am
26 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
- MPS/UPS (Inner London)
What skills and experience we're looking for
The successful candidate will be:
- A great teacher who wants to continually develop their practice
- Committed to the idea of success for every child
- Ready to adapt resources; using a range of strategies including the use of physical manipulatives and pictorial methods to help students gain a conceptual understanding to ensure all students achieve
- Experienced in teaching students to problem solve
- Innovative in using new technology to enhance learning
- A collaborative planner, keen to develop projects with others
- Reflective, and ready to take on board new ideas
What the school offers its staff
We can offer you the opportunity to join:
- A highly committed and dedicated staff.
- Excellent CPD opportunities.
- Students who love their school, are ambitious and want to learn
Further details about the role
We are looking for a creative and inspiring Maths teacher to join our team in September. The ideal candidate will be reflective and enjoy working with others as part of our forward-looking team. We are an experienced team of mathematicians, whoare very supportive, often plan collaboratively and are always happy to share ideas. ECTs are encouraged to apply. At KS5 we offer A Levels in both Maths and Further Maths.
We believe that every student has the ability to succeed in mathematics and our progress rates in 2022were amongst the highest in the borough at 0.4. We use a wide range of teaching and learning strategies including the use of manipulatives and pictorial methods. We endeavour to support students in gaining a conceptual understanding as well as making sure they are active and enjoy their learning. Problem solving is at the heart of how we teach. We also offer a series of extracurricular opportunities.
If you have a passion for mathematics and helping students to achieve and are looking for a supportive and creative department that gets results, then please apply.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Oaklands School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 942 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Oaklands School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0207 613 1014
Oaklands School is a fully inclusive school with a wealth of opportunities for all learners to achieve their full potential. We are a school which serves the local community and promotes co-operation, responsibility and respect. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high achieving school at GCSE and A level. We have an outstanding and talented Science Faculty with an established record of fantastic exam performance. Our science value added scores have been significantly above national average and regularly we are in the top 20% of all schools. Entries into separate sciences at GCSE are consistently high (Nearly 50%) and many of these students go on to take up Science at A level, which are consistently popular.
Arranging a visit to Oaklands School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
The Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls
Brentwood Road, Romford, Essex, RM1 2RR
Dormers Wells High School
Dormers Wells Lane, Southall, Middlesex, UB1 3HZ
Langley Grammar School
Reddington Drive, Langley, Berkshire, SL3 7QS
Maths Teacher – Free accommodation in desirable village location
Seal Hollow Rd, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 3SL
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London