Teacher of Maths
Notre Dame High School, Sheffield, South Yorkshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time, job share|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490 per year (full-time equivalent)|
A well-qualified and innovative teacher of Maths is required to join a highly successful and forward thinking department. The candidate should be well motivated and willing to contribute to the development of the subject, the quality of teaching and the pastoral life within Notre High Dame School.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 27th February 2020.
Essential educational requirements
Good degree in mathematical subject
QTS or equivalent (applicant may be working towards this)
Essential skills and experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of pedagogy
- Strong subject knowledge
- Understands the core features of successful lesson planning
- Excellent classroom teacher who can lead by example
- Ability to inspire, motivate others and build confidence in the classroom
At Notre Dame the ongoing professional development of all staff is a key priority. Our view is that we can always improve, not because we are not good enough but because we can be even better at what we do and that this in turn will ensure the very best outcomes for our students. We also aim to help staff to be ready for their ‘next step’ in their careers whatever that might be.
In order to achieve these aims we;
• have an ethos of ‘learning together’ through joint practice development which is conducted in a supportive and developmental way. Staff are encouraged to take risks and use research and evidence based approaches to improve their classroom practice.
• Encourage staff to be reflective and take the lead in their own professional development so that their individual needs are met
• Assign Learning improvement coaches to all departments to provide bespoke training and development
• Have a three year NQT and RQT programme to fully support those new to the profession. This involves meeting together in groups to share and develop best practice and working with a coach on an individual basis
• Provide trainee mentoring programmes for those moving in to new positions for example middle and senior leadership
|School type||Academy, Roman Catholic|
|School size||1461 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Notre Dame High School website (opens in a new window)|
Fulwood Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S10 3BT