Teacher of Maths (Maternity Cover)
Wallington County Grammar School, Wallington, Surrey
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £28,355 to £44,541 per year (full-time equivalent)|
We welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers or those considering entering the profession through routes such as Teacher Apprenticeships, and we will consider applicants with the right skill set but without a formal teaching qualification
This is your opportunity to teach some of the most committed and able secondary school students in the country as part of a highly skilled and cohesive team of teachers and support staff. There are opportunities, particularly for those interested in computer science, to convert this into a permanent contract.
The key foci of this role within the department will be to:
• challenge and engage exceptionally able students in all three key stages including those taking Further Mathematics GCSE and Additional Mathematics in Year 11;
• deliver A Level mathematics to a very high standard with almost all students in the Sixth Form choosing this course and many going on to study maths and related subjects at degree level;
• (for the right candidate) teach A Level further mathematics to students seeking entry into the world’s top universities;
• share your own passions and interests by leading timetabled clubs and societies with current provision including supporting the Hans Woyda Mathematics Competition and UKMT Team Maths Challenge as well as maths mentoring programmes, robotics club and engineering society.
Essential educational requirements
We welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers or those considering entering the profession through routes such as Teacher Apprenticeships, and we will consider applicants with the right skill set but without a formal teaching qualification.
Essential skills and experience
A strong subject knowledge in Maths.
There are opportunities, particularly for those interested in Computer Science, to convert this into a permanent contract.
Advantages of joining our exceptional team of staff include:
• working with highly intelligent and committed young men and women;
• the ability to teach your subject to the highest possible levels in secondary education, preparing students for undergraduate study at the best universities in the world;
• opportunities for rapid promotion both within the school and the wider Folio Trust;
• access to a Charter Marked CPD programme (Silver Status) that includes nine INSET days a year and a commitment to subject specific professional learning;
• a leafy setting on the edge of the beautiful Beddington Park with outer London pay and easy access to both central London and the Surrey countryside;
• a superb graduate programme through Teacher Apprenticeship and Schools Direct routes;
• a close affiliation with the Institute for Education with the School leading local provision of the National Qualifications for Middle and Senior Leadership as well as leading the Borough’s English and Science School Centred Teacher Training;
• amenities and benefits including priority entry for children of staff; onsite parking; Ride to Work Scheme; Employee Assistance Programme and a School gym;
• a firm commitment to staff wellbeing and work life balance.
|School size||1108 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Wallington County Grammar School website (opens in a new window)|
About Wallington County Grammar School
Croydon Road, Wallington, Surrey, SM6 7PH