Teacher of Maths job summary
Perins School are looking to appoint an outstanding and committed mathematician, to become an integral part of our team, to deliver Maths at both KS3 and KS4 until the end of the academic year.
Maths forms a fundamental part of education at Perins. The skills that students are taught throughout their time in the department, not only allows them to study more advanced topics in other related fields such as Chemistry and Physics, but also equips them with the essential knowledge that they need for further education and a future career.
We are committed to providing a rounded and rich educational experience for all students at Perins as we believe that everyone is entitled to high levels of individual achievement, care and support.
Our motto "In Omnia Excellentia" (Excellence in Everything) reflects our aspirations that every student has the opportunity to progress and develop in all areas, preparing them for the future. We value the richness and diversity of the educational experience we offer, both within and beyond the classroom
• To develop and model the highest standards of teaching in Maths
• To contribute to the curriculum team so that continual improvement is facilitated in the department
• To continually develop all areas of the Qualified Teacher Standards
• Under the direction of the Team Leader of Maths, develop the ethos of “striving for excellence”
Teaching and Learning
• Excellent teaching demonstrating a wide understanding and knowledge of pedagogy
• Contribute to the construction of departmental schemes of work supporting their regular review and improvement as part of excellent departmental practice
• Ensure that departmental assessments reflect whole school policy and that they sustain an ethos of achievement for students
• Support the management of classroom behaviour so that a climate for learning is sustained for all colleagues
• Develop a model of eLearning to meet the needs of children in the 21st Century
This job post has expired.
About Perins School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- School size
- 1195 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
At Perins, we are committed to providing a rounded and rich educational experience for all our students with the belief that everyone is entitled to high levels of individual achievement, care and support. We are proud of our sense of community, with the quality of relationships between staff and students characterised by trust, respect and mutual support.
Our ethos focuses on making sure every student has the opportunity to progress and develop in all aspects, preparing them to face the future. We value the richness and diversity of the educational experience we offer, both within and beyond the classroom. We believe that these values are also vital in developing our professional, dedicated and highly competent members of staff.