Teacher of Maths
TEACHER OF MATHS
Salary: Main/Upper Pay Scale
Hours: 1 FTE
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: September 2020
Our aim at Selston High School is to inspire every member of the school community to achieve their full potential and enjoy their time with us. As a caring community school we recognise the importance of our values which include respect for all, trust, pride, recognition and celebration of success.
Selston High School are looking for an inspirational Teacher of Maths to join their existing team in September 2020. This role is perfect for an individual who is committed to students’ learning and ensuring they each achieve their full potential by consistently delivering engaging lessons.
We are looking to appoint a colleague who is an excellent teacher and has the talent, drive and commitment to build on the current strong foundations. The ideal candidate will have a real passion for their subject area with the drive to improving the outcomes of students at all key stages. This opportunity would suit an NQT or experienced teacher looking for a new challenge.
Why join us
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all of our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.00.
• Free car parking.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• The ability to request flexible working.
• Entry to a career average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: Monday 24 February 2020 at midday
Interviews will be held on: A date to be confirmed
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in relevant subject and evidence of continuing professional development.
Qualified Teacher Status or completion of training programme.
Essential skills and experience
Knowledge of the National Curriculum including latest developments, initiatives and current issues. Is able to teach National Curriculum Key Stage 3 including the full GCSE specification.
Main/Upper Pay Scale
About Selston High School
Selston High School, part of The Two Counties Trust
- Chapel Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG16 6BW
- Selston High School website (opens in a new window)