Teacher of Maths
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Teacher of Mathematics to join our team. We are seeking an innovative and motivational Mathematics teacher with excellent subject knowledge and the desire and commitment to raise achievement of students at all levels. The successful applicant must be qualified to teach Mathematics at GCSE. We are looking for a passionate and inspirational professional who would enjoy working in an exciting and rewarding environment and is prepared to contribute fully to school life. Applications are welcome from NQTs. Please note that you may be required to work across other schools in the Academy Trust if required.
Shrewsbury Academy is at the centre of the community of Shrewsbury, with excellent links to sports, business and partner primary schools. We are committed to equipping all pupils with the skills and experiences that will prepare them for life. As part of The Marches Academy Trust, we have access to a network of support and challenge, ensuring we are operating at the forefront of educational thinking.
In the Mathematics Faculty we have:
• Well-equipped classrooms with a variety of interactive facilities
• An enthusiastic and supportive department team
• A range of technology to enhance teaching and learning
• Strong partnerships with Shrewsbury School
Our staff set the highest standards in behaviour and achievement for all pupils in a supportive environment in which children are treated as individuals. The curriculum is designed to provide everyone with choices at each stage in their development. We celebrate success and encourage all pupils to develop broader life skills, investing in the whole child.
At Shrewsbury Academy, we can offer:
• An ‘Outstanding’ curriculum offering students a strong core entitlement in English, Mathematics and Science
• A full extra-curricular programme with opportunities for enrichment activities for all
• An excellent opportunity for continued personal development through our Talent Pathway
• A wide range of staff benefits
• Excellent resources and facilities
• An enthusiastic and supportive team of staff, parents and governors
There will be an opportunity for those interested in applying to visit the school on Wednesday 26 February 2020. If you would like to attend on this day or if you have any other queries, please email Hazel O’Shea PA to the Headteacher - h.o’firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information or to apply for the posts please visit our online recruitment page via our website http://www.marchesacademytrust.co.uk (Please note we do not accept CVs).
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 10 March
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Essential educational requirements
A good Honours Degree.
The desire to further knowledge through relevant courses or a further degree.
A successful PGCE year.
Form tutor experience.
A portfolio of relevant resources showing teaching and learning strategies.
Essential skills and experience
Create a positive learning environment, using a range of teaching and learning strategies and approaches.
Proven ability in the use of ICT in the classroom to include interactive whiteboards.
Contribute to the development of schemes of work, resources and extra-curricular activities that develop a positive learning environment
Represent the Mathematics Faculty both internally and externally.
The willingness to make a contribution as a tutor.
A sense of humour.
Able to demonstrate an understanding of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children including:
• Motivation to work with children and young people;
• Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people;
• Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours; and
• Attitudes to use of authority and maintaining discipline.
Excellent Salary + benefits
About Shrewsbury Academy
- Corndon Crescent, Shrewsbury, SY1 4LL