TEACHER OF MATHS
• The provision of a full learning experience and support for students.
• To set high expectations that inspire, motivate and challenge students.
• To ensure all lessons are prepared and delivered in accordance with the school’s teaching and learning policy and are personalised and differentiated to take into account student needs and prior attainment. These needs include SEND, EAL and gifted and talented students.
• To ensure that ICT, Literacy, Numeracy and learning skills are reflected in the learning experience of students.
• To assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students and to keep and share such records as required.
• To evaluate and analyse student progress towards targets to identify individual and groups of under-performing students.
• To provide or contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students and groups of students.
• To ensure feedback and marking provided to students, in both written and verbal form, supports students’ better understanding of their achievement to date and what is needed to progress further. This applies to class and homework.
• To undertake a designated programme of teaching
Essential educational requirements
A good honours graduate or equivalent
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Successful experience as a tutor (including teaching practice).
Experience of teaching across age and ability range (including teaching practice in specialist subjects(s)).
Recent relevant CPD leading to classroom improvement.
High quality teaching skills
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Very good organisational skills
Ability to teach across all levels in the required subject across the curriculum
About The Castle School
- Park Road, Bristol, Gloucestershire, BS35 1HT
- The Castle School website (opens in a new window)