£25714 - £41604 per annum
Teacher of Media Studies
Bletchley, MILTON KEYNES, MK2 3HQ
Main Pay Range/ Upper Pay Range
Full Time, Permanent
September 2021 start date
Inspire their remarkable with us
This is an exciting time to join Sir Herbert Leon Academy. After our recent Ofsted visit we have moved to Requires Improvement with 'Good' for Leadership & Management, Personal Development, Behaviour & Welfare and Post 16. With our 'broad and balanced' curriculum as well as 'pupils behaving well in lessons, break and lunchtimes' being recognised by Ofsted, Sir Herbert Leon Academy is very much a school on its way to 'Good'. With a new, passionate Principal in post from September 2020, you will be joining an outstanding team who are focused on success for their students. You will be welcomed from your first day at Sir Herbert Leon and supported throughout your career with us.
As a Teacher of Media Studies, you will be responsible for driving forward teaching and learning within the department and within your classroom. Academies should be disciplined but also a place of warmth and staffed by people who are caring, smart and hard-working. As one of our teachers, you will help shape and embed the ethos of the school and make the academy something that the community can be proud of.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It's what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you'll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we're inspiring.
* More opportunity to grow your career - We'll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
* More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We'll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what's best for your children.
* More chance to see what's out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
* More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others' experience - You're connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
* More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
* More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Monday 10 May 2021
Interviews will take place shortly after the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements.
Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/initial-teacher-training for further details.
Safer Recruitment Statement Vision Brochure
JD_PS Teacher of Media Studies.docx.pdf