Teacher of MFL
Kingsbury Green Academy
Salary: MPS / UPS
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Closing date: 9am, Monday 11th March 2024
Interview Date: w/c Monday 18th March 2024
Anticipated Start Date: September 2024
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational teacher to join our effective and supportive MFL Department. Above all, we want to hear from MFL specialists who believe that all children have the right to learn a new language and in doing so, develop as human beings.
Kingsbury Green Academy, judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in every category when inspected in April 2022, is part of the successful Ascend Learning Trust. We are an ambitious, forward thinking 11-18 years Academy situated in a beautiful location on the outskirts of Calne in Wiltshire. Kingsbury Green Academy is a great place to teach MFL as we are continually raising standards to produce the highest levels of student achievement.
We are looking to appoint a teacher who will:
- be an innovative and enthusiastic MFL teacher with a passion for learning and ideally able to offer two languages at KSS
- be a dedicated professional committed to providing our students with an excellent education
- be passionate about teaching and learning; someone who will bring energy, enthusiasm and new ideas to the classroom and department
- have ambition and the desire to play a significant role in the further development of the MFL department
- inspire students to understand what excellence means for them on a personal level and support them to achieve that personal excellence in whatever form it takes
Suitable candidates will be considered for additional paid responsibilities.
Applications are welcome from both experienced and Early Career Teachers.
As an employee of the Ascend Learning Trust, you will also receive many employee benefits as we work together to provide Excellence in Education.
What we offer:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly, and well-run school.
- The Trusts commitment to staff wellbeing including generous calendar dates and INSET days.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Reward and recognition, celebrating staff success.
- Leadership development opportunities both internally and across other schools in the Trust.
- A successful ECT support program.
- Onsite parking.
- Pension Scheme.
- Courteous and hardworking pupils.
- Benefits for discounts via an online staff portal.
For further information, please visit our website at www.kingsburygreenacademy.com, we welcome tours and visits to our school.
Please note if we receive sufficient applications, we may close this job role earlier.
At Ascend Learning Trust, we believe in the power of diversity to drive innovation, foster creativity, and create a workplace that truly reflects the richness of the world around us. We are excited to welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to join our dynamic team.
Reasonable adjustments are modifications or accommodations made to ensure that individuals with disabilities or specific needs can perform their job duties effectively. We embrace the idea that everyone should have equal opportunities to succeed, and our aim is to make this a reality. If you need any assistance completing your application, please contact the Recruitment Team on 01793 781485 or alternatively you can email email@example.com
Ascend Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.
Please note: Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
In line with KCSIE 2023 and safer recruitment practices, the school will conduct an online search for all shortlisted candidates. The online search is part of our safeguarding checks and will seek publicly available information on candidates’ suitability to work with children. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further guidance and will be asked to clarify their online presence.
References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one referee must be from this employment regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.
Ascend Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences. References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.