Teacher of Music
• Be creative and be able to motivate students.
• Actively contribute to the long term vision and practice of teaching and learning in Music and throughout the academy.
• Be enthusiastic, creative and able to inspire students to reach their full potential.
• Have excellent classroom management skills.
• Create a highly stimulating learning environment in which children want to learn.
• Be committed to delivering engaging lessons that make good use of ICT and modern technologies.
• Have excellent communication skills and be able to work interdependently within faculties.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
• Successful teaching practice at KS3/KS4
• Excellent subject knowledge
• Up to date working knowledge of a range of teaching, learning and behaviour management strategies
• Ability to personalise learning to provide opportunities for all learners to achieve their potential
• Ability to establish good relationships with young people
• Good communication
• Good classroom management
• High expectancies of self and others
• Excellent attendance and punctuality
• Sense of Humour
We put a lot of emphasis into staff training, including an excellent NQT programme. Every staff member is encouraged to develop their skills throughout their time with us.
About Ormiston Chadwick Academy
- Liverpool Road, Widnes, Cheshire, WA8 7HU
- Ormiston Chadwick Academy website (opens in a new window)