Teacher of PE
Warlingham School, Warlingham, Surrey
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £25,543 to £41,635|
|Newly qualified teacher||Suitable|
Health, fitness and wellbeing is a priority for us at Warlingham School and Sixth Form College. With impressive facilities and a high level of student participation, our PE department is thriving.
If you would like to join our dedicated team of staff, and have a particular passion for netball coaching, then this is a really exciting opportunity.
You will be joining a forward thinking Trust at an exciting time in its development.
Whether you are an NQT or experienced teacher, you will become part of strong and successful team within a well-established department. Our key strength is the experience and knowledge within the PE team which provides our well-behaved students with an exciting curriculum supported by extra-curricular activities, visits and opportunities. Our extensive facilities include an Astroturf, swimming pool, sports hall, gymnasium, fitness suite with weight machines, 3 football pitches, rugby pitch, outside cricket nets, cricket wicket, rounders pitches, athletics running track, long jump pit and throwing areas.
If you are looking for a great start to your career or a new challenge in a great school, then we strongly encourage you to apply for this role.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries. We look forward to receiving your application and welcoming you to our school.
Closing Date: 10am, Friday 27th March 2020
Please note that applications will be considered upon receipt. Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close the recruitment process once a suitable candidate is appointed.
Tandridge Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are required to undertake safer recruitment checks, including an Enhanced DBS check.
Essential educational requirements
• Relevant Degree
• Secondary trained
Essential skills and experience
• Excellent subject knowledge
• Use of assessment to promote students learning
• Awareness of current developments in the teaching of PE at all levels, including KS3, GCSE, and KS5
• Appreciation of current developments post 16
• Effective Classroom practitioner
• Excellent communicator with effective interpersonal skills and organisation skills
• Ability to enthuse students of all abilities
• The capacity to function creatively and generously in a mutually supportive team
• Quality provision for all students, including SEN/G&T
• Effective team player
• Vision, warmth, energy and enthusiasm
• Pursuit of high standards - both academic and behavioural
• Willing to contribute to all aspects of school life
• Able to maximise contributions from parents, governors and the school community
• Ability to contribute with flair and commitment to the effective performance of the department
• Competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement
• Well established and supportive training and development opportunities
• Family friendly policies
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Lifestyle and retail discounts
• Staff sports and social events
|School size||1411 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Warlingham School website (opens in a new window)|
About Warlingham School
Warlingham School is a thriving 11-18, mixed, comprehensive school situated on the fringe of Surrey and Greater London. The school converted to academy status in November 2012, as a ‘stand-alone’ school and then joined with four Primary Schools in May 2017 to form a cross-phase MAT - Tandridge Learning Trust. It was built in 1954 and occupies a large, attractive site on a campus which includes Hamsey Green Primary School. “There is an open culture where everyone works together to improve progress for all students” – Ofsted 2017
Tithepit Shaw Lane, Warlingham, Surrey, CR6 9YB