Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (Until the return of the current post holder)
MPS/UPS (£25,714 - £41,604)
Post: Teacher of Physics (maternity cover)
Starting date: September 2021
Salary: MPS/UPS (£25,714 - £41,604)
Location: Southmoor Multi Academy Trust
Contract type: Full Time
Contract Term: Fixed term (until the return of the current post holder)
Are you a highly committed teacher who genuinely wants to make a difference to the lives of young people? As an experienced teacher, someone in the early stages of their career, or an ITT student, would you like to join a Multi Academy Trust that wants you to be happy and successful, and implements innovative strategies to support this? If so, read on!
We are a highly successful Multi Academy Trust currently comprising of two secondary schools: Southmoor Academy; a very successful and rapidly expanding 11-18 academy with a successful Sixth Form, and Sandhill View Academy; a rapidly improving 11-16 academy.
In November 2017, Ofsted said, “Southmoor Academy is a good and improving school where pupils are achieving well. The headteacher provides strong and effective leadership… effectively assisted by leaders at all levels. Good teaching, learning and assessment enable all groups of pupils to progress well.”
In March 2018, Ofsted said of Sandhill View Academy, “Leaders have taken firm action to improve the quality of subject leadership across the school, with the result that there is now a strong team with clarity about the areas that they need to improve further. Teachers, subject leaders and staff are enthusiastic and positive about the school’s current position and its ability to improve further.”
We are looking for an exceptional Teacher of Physics to deliver all aspects of the curriculum, including A Level Physics and engineering.. The best people can teach across the Multi Academy Trust and you will certainly have the opportunity to lead initiatives and possibly aspire to lead and teach in BOTH schools to contribute to the provision of an effective and consistent curriculum across the Trust. You must have the ability therefore to develop highly effective working relationships within schools in different contexts. However, we will work with you in order to match your aspirations and preferences to the school you feel most comfortable in.
You will be:
• a well-qualified practitioner with a passion for the subject
• a team-player who will take full advantage of working with an extended team across the MAT
• able to teach Physics up to and including A level with drive and enthusiasm to secure outstanding pupil outcomes
• The opportunity to work with other highly successful leaders and teachers
• A-level teaching within your specialism if you want development in this area
• Support to grow within an organisation that wants you to be happy and successful, and implements really innovative strategies to support this
• Ambitious pupils taught in an environment where outstanding academic progression is the highest priority; over half of all KS4 pupils at Southmoor Academy (and an increasing number of pupils from Sandhill View Academy and schools across Sunderland) go on to study ‘A’ levels within the Trust, with a quarter of all sixth formers who took up university courses in September 2020 now attending a Russell Group institution
• Please visit Southmoor Way of Working http://www.sandhillview.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/The-Southmoor-Academy-Trust-Way-of-Working-Doc-1.pdf for further information on what makes us different
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9.00am on Tuesday 2nd March 2021.
Applications should be returned to Sam Ferry, HR Manager: Ferry.S@sandhillview.com
Prospective applicants are warmly invited to have an informal chat about the role and/or arrange a visit to our schools prior to application/interview. Please contact Sam Ferry on the email address above
Please visit our website for further details: www.southmoorschool.co.uk
Southmoor Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
Applying for the job
Please visit our website for further details: www.southmoorschool.co.uk More on how to apply