Teacher of Product Design (Maternity Cover)
SECONDARY - TEMPORARY MATERNITY COVER - PART TIME (0.8) - SALARY: MPS / UPR - START: 4 NOVEMBER 2019 OR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BY AGREEMENT
The responsibilities of the post are to be performed in accordance with the provisions of the school teacher’s pay and conditions document and within the range of teachers’ duties set out in the document.
Team Leader of Textiles & Product Design and the Headteacher/nominated Leadership Group member linked to the subject.
Purpose of the job:
1. To make a strong and enthusiastic commitment to Technology teaching at Roundhay School by seeking to raise the expectations and performance of all pupils in and out of the classroom.
2. To actively contribute in supporting our school ethos – with special attention to extra-curricular provision.
3. To keep up-to-date with national developments, teaching practice and methodology.
4. To contribute, as directed, to the teaching of Technology with specific focus in Product Design
5. To monitor and control the storage and use of teaching materials and equipment.
6. To maintain internal pupil records according to school, departmental, and national policies and to set and monitor individual pupil targets.
7. To contribute as required to the preparation and marking of internal examinations.
8. To maintain the teaching area in a stimulating manner through display of work and resources.
9. To implement the school rewards and sanctions policies and contribute to the celebration of achievement.
10. To contribute to the development and regular delivery of ICT through Technology.
11. To monitor and target set with pupils and staff in order to raise achievement.
12. To teach Product Design to GCSE level.
13. To teach Product Design to A level.
14. To implement intervention sessions when required.
15. To ensure departmental minutes are read and all action points are acted upon.
16. To be a Form Tutor and mentor as appropriate and be fully involved in all aspects of school life.
17. To attend all meetings as appropriate within school time budget, with colleagues and parents etc.
18. To carry out supervisory duties as required and any other duties commensurate with the post.
The job description and allocation of particular responsibilities may be amended through appropriate consultation from time to time.
Essential educational requirements
* Graduate status and appropriate teaching qualifications
* Good honours degree in a relevant Technology subject
* Evidence of the innovative use of ICT to improve outcomes for students
* Experience of teaching Product Design KS4
* Ability to teach Product Design at Key Stage 3 and 4
Essential skills and experience
* Excellent organisational skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent classroom practice and an interest in developing teaching across subject boundaries
* Clear understanding of ICT and E-learning and their application in teaching and learning
* Involvement in extra-curricular activities and the wider life of the school
* A clear understanding of assessment as a tool to enhance learning
* Experience of a range of strategies, approaches and resources for developing teaching and learning
* Total commitment to raising the achievement of all pupils
* Ability to maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people
* Emotional resilience when working with challenging behaviors and appropriate attitude to the use of authority to maintain discipline
This is an exciting career opportunity for an excellent and hardworking teacher who shares our passion to improve all that we do. Applications from NQTs or recently qualified colleagues are welcomed.
• Most oversubscribed in the city with the highest attendance
• 100% staff recommend the school as a place to work
• 98 students study Product Design at KS4 and 20 at A-Level
• 'An outstanding Sixth Form' Ofsted
• The largest school sixth form in Leeds (450+)
• National Support School and Red Kite Teaching School Alliance strategic partner
• 'Behaviour for learning across the entire school is outstanding' Ofsted
Application Deadline: 9.00am on Wednesday 16 October 2019
We encourage early applications and reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time should the right candidate be found.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
For more information and to apply online, please visit www.roundhayschool.org.uk
About Roundhay School
Roundhay School is proud, as a truly comprehensive school reflecting the cosmopolitan make up of Leeds, to have been recognised by Ofsted as an 'outstanding school' which is 'all about its students' and where 'staff ensure that each one, regardless of background or ability, is given every opportunity to shine'. “Roundhay School is all about its pupils and we will do ‘whatever it takes’ to ensure that each one reaches their potential. We will never put limits on what our pupils can achieve, regardless of background or circumstance. Our focus is on developing character, instilling confidence and a love of learning whist teaching the importance of kindness, manners and respect. We want all our pupils to make a positive contribution to school life, continuing to learn and develop for the rest of their lives. We are responsible. We are resilient. We are ready to learn. We are Roundhay.”
- Gledhow Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS8 1ND
- All Through
- LA Maintained School
- Roundhay School website (opens in a new window)