Teacher of PSHE
Kettlebrook Short Stay School, Tamworth, Staffordshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,000 to £41,000|
Due to the current post holder being promoted at an Alternative Provider, the Management Committee is seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of PSHE, who has a clear vision for raising the quality of teaching and the social and academic learning of all our students and their family unit. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience and drive who can help us focus even more clearly upon improving the lives and prospects of each of our students and to further develop our truly student-centred curriculum – where quality PSHE learning can be at the core of our student’s life skills and further education.
The main areas of responsibility will be:
• co-coordinating PSHE and rapidly raise our student's knowledge and understanding;
• developing our curriculum in order to improve suitable outcomes for all our students, especially at GCSE level;
• being responsible for the PSHE curriculum design; to offer all students the opportunity to learn; predominately from KS 3&4;
• leading others by example of outstanding quality of learning and teaching;
• lead by example in effectively using data across the school to challenge expectations and to raise standards of achievement in PSHE etc;
• support the Executive Headteacher and her Management Committee in continuing to move the school forward in all educational aspects of PSHE in today's educational climate and contribute to all other aspects of development of Kettlebrook to become an outstanding Pupil Referral Unit.
Other responsibilities will be discussed with the successful candidate on appointment. These might include:
• PSHE workshops / visits to PSHE based venues etc.
• Willingness to teach other subjects/areas of interest etc, Cross curricular themed projects;
• Pastoral Welfare of all students.
Kettlebrook is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. Enhanced CRB disclosure is required for the appointment to this post with 2 outstanding references.
Please follow the link to our website for further information and the application pack. Due to safeguarding reasons we cannot accept CVs.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in subject specialsim
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
An excellent classroom teacher, achieving the 'Teachers Standards'.
Evidence of outstanding teaching skills - having an impact on student's learning, raising achievement and adding value both socially and academically.
Knowledge and understanding of current delevopments in teaching and learning in the secondary sector.
Evidence of working with other professionals as part of a team; planning work
Experience of using ICT in innovative ways to support and enhance learing.
Ability to use information and data effectively to plan Individual Learning Plans and raise achievement.
Ability to identify and implement effective strategies for intervention.
Strong organisation and time management skills and the ability to priorities effectively.
Strong ICT Skills
Ability to work effectively and calmly under pressure.
Evidence of good relationships with children and young people.
SEN allowanceMore on how to apply
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|Education phase||Not Applicable|
|School size||31 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Kettlebrook Short Stay School website (opens in a new window)|
About Kettlebrook Short Stay School
Tame Street, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B77 1AL