Teacher of Psychology
We seek someone with strong academic qualifications who is passionate and committed to high academic standards in their subject. A teaching qualification is not necessarily required for this post, but a passion and aptitude for teaching and imparting knowledge is essential.
The successful applicant will be joining one of LAE’s most successful departments, which achieved record-breaking results of 80% A*/A, 96% A*-B in summer 2019. Many students hold offers to study psychology at the country’s leading universities.
Essential educational requirements
• A good honours degree directly or closely related to the subject that the applicant wishes to teach.
• Excellent grades at A-Level or equivalent.
QTS is not a requirement.
Essential skills and experience
• The ability to teach good or outstanding A level lessons.
• The ability to use data to raise pupil achievement.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including building good relationships with colleagues and sixth formers.
• Effective oral and written communication.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Commitment to providing any necessary additional support so sixth formers achieve A*, A and B grades.
• Commitment to providing enriching extra and co-curricular activities.
• Belief that pupils can achieve highly regardless of background.
• Enthusiasm, humour and initiative.
• Resilience, flexibility and an ability to work under pressure.
• A belief that the best interests of pupils always come first and that safeguarding concerns must be acted on quickly.
LAE can offer you:
• the opportunity to teach your subject to the highest standard to many of the most able and inquisitive young people in east London;
• regular, high-quality continuous professional development and support;
• a modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station;
• collaborative working with our world-class partner schools: Brighton College, Caterham School, Eton College, Forest School, Highgate School and UCS Hampstead.
• for NQTs, an excellent support programme, where new teachers are “guided skilfully to develop their practice as part of cohesive and collegiate team” (NPW Quality Assurance report).
About London Academy of Excellence
London Academy of Excellence (LAE) is an academic free school sixth form located in the heart of Stratford, close to the Olympic Park and just two minutes from Stratford Station (zone 2/3), with excellent links to all parts of London. In 2019, LAE secured outstanding A level results. 93% of grades were A*, A or B and 65% of all grades were A* or A. 200 students progressed to Russell Group universities, including 25 to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge. Our average grade was an A- and our ALPS 1 value-added score places us in the top 1% of schools nationally for progress. We are delighted to have achieved the best A-level results in east London for five consecutive years. The school is heavily oversubscribed with more than 3800 applications for 250 places this year and was graded ‘outstanding’ in every category by Ofsted in November 2017. The Sunday Time ranked us third in their list of state sixth form colleges in 2018/19 and named us State Sixth Form of the Year in 2015/16.
- Broadway House, London, E15 1AJ
- Sixteen Plus
- Free School
- London Academy of Excellence website (opens in a new window)