|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£28,550 to £40,800|
We seek someone with strong academic qualifications who is passionate and committed to high academic standards in their subject. A teaching qualification is not necessarily required for this post, but a passion and aptitude for teaching and imparting knowledge is essential.
The successful applicant will be joining one of LAE’s most successful departments, which achieved record-breaking results of 80% A*/A, 96% A*-B in summer 2019. Many students hold offers to study psychology at the country’s leading universities.
Essential educational requirements
• A good honours degree directly or closely related to the subject that the applicant wishes to teach.
• Excellent grades at A-Level or equivalent.
QTS is not a requirement.
Essential skills and experience
• The ability to teach good or outstanding A level lessons.
• The ability to use data to raise pupil achievement.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including building good relationships with colleagues and sixth formers.
• Effective oral and written communication.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Commitment to providing any necessary additional support so sixth formers achieve A*, A and B grades.
• Commitment to providing enriching extra and co-curricular activities.
• Belief that pupils can achieve highly regardless of background.
• Enthusiasm, humour and initiative.
• Resilience, flexibility and an ability to work under pressure.
• A belief that the best interests of pupils always come first and that safeguarding concerns must be acted on quickly.
LAE can offer you:
• the opportunity to teach your subject to the highest standard to many of the most able and inquisitive young people in east London;
• regular, high-quality continuous professional development and support;
• a modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station;
• collaborative working with our world-class partner schools: Brighton College, Caterham School, Eton College, Forest School, Highgate School and UCS Hampstead.
• for NQTs, an excellent support programme, where new teachers are “guided skilfully to develop their practice as part of cohesive and collegiate team” (NPW Quality Assurance report).
|School type||Free School|
|School size||483 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||16 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||London Academy of Excellence website (opens in a new window)|
About London Academy of Excellence
Broadway House, London, E15 1AJ