- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Psychology, Sociology
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, term time
27.5 hours pw
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Maternity cover for approx two terms)
- Inner London main scale - £32,157 - £41,792
In addition to carrying out the duties of a School Teacher as set out in the School Teacher’s Pay Conditions Document, you will have the following responsibilities:
Teaching and learning
1. To teach these subjects to students at KS5
2. To plan high quality lessons for mixed attainment groups which meet the needs of a range of learners
3. To assess students’ work, record and report their progress in line with the departmental and school assessment policy.
4. To perform the duties of a form tutor and contribute to the preparation and teaching of Personal, Social and Health Education programme
5. Encourage students’ motivation and enthusiasm in the subject area.
6. To contribute to the development of schemes of work, teaching strategies, resources, assessment and marking policies.
7. To contribute to strategies to achieve relevant departmental and school improvement.
8. To be responsible for effective and efficient management of any resources that are delegated.
9. To identify quantifiable and challenging student progress objectives and plan appropriate strategies to achieve target levels.
10. To maintain personal professional development
11. To attend relevant CPD sessions and meetings
12. Work with colleagues to share good practice including providing evaluative feedback.
13. To use feedback from lesson observation, work scrutiny and analysis of assessment data to inform future planning and teaching.
14. To act as a role model to students in respect of dress, attendance and punctuality and general conduct.
15. To undertake any duties as may reasonably be required by the Headteacher.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. It will be reviewed at least once a year and it may be subject to modification or amendment at any time after consultation with the holder of the post.
A TLR may be available dependant on experience
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 1507 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
About Elthorne Park High School
Welcome to Elthorne Park High School: a successful and significantly oversubscribed 11-18 mixed school with around 1300 students with over 250 in the sixth form. based in West London. A high-performing school that has risen to become one of the top 200 in the country and is continuing to improve. That is a reflection of our exceptional teaching team, as well as our students who are not only thoughtful and resilient, but hardworking and eager to learn too.
With a new £14 million state of the art building equipped as a centre of excellence, we offer a range of outstanding resources to support teaching with a particular focus on ICT and new technologies.
In March 2019 Ofsted judged us as outstanding. This year we also achieved 4 SSAT Leading Edge Awards (variety of teaching approaches, engagement with evidence and research, professional learning and educational outcomes). If you would like to be part of it, you can look forward to research based coaching and development tailored around your needs and aspirations. We want ambitious teachers like you to stay with us for the long-term, so you will have access to a comprehensive wellbeing package and we will do everything we can to help you be the very best teacher you can be.
Arranging a visit to Elthorne Park High School
We are unable to arrange visits at this time however tours will be available for shortlisted candidates.