Teacher of Religious Studies and Sociology
We are looking for a passionate teacher of RS and Sociology to deliver high-quality lessons while successfully nurturing and inspiring our students. This post has become available due to our new Sixth Form and our first year of teaching Year 13 students.
As part of our energetic and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate students to strive for success while maintaining a healthy learning environment for all children within the school.
Dene Magna is a successful, oversubscribed and high achieving nationally acclaimed ‘Outstanding’ Teaching School situated in a beautiful part of the country, enjoying easy links to surrounding towns and cities. You will have the opportunity to work alongside outstanding teachers, to observe and share practice on a regular basis, developing pedagogy through reflection. We hold the Investors in People Award and we pride ourselves on excellent student behaviour and have a strong ethos about inclusion and diversity. We are passionate about staff work-life balance throughout the school and voluntarily adhere to the Fair Workload Charter.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in an outstanding and supportive team, where students make the highest levels of progress. He/she will receive the highest level of support, have access to the very best in terms of resources and CPD and will work alongside pleasant, well-motivated students.
Essential educational requirements
A Good Honours Degree
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL:
• Have a love of Religious Studies and Sociology and what it can bring to the world.
• Have a detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery.
• Have the ability to teach across the age and ability range from 11 – 18.
• Have the ability to deliver both subjects at GCSE and A-Level.
• Have high standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• Love to work as a team.
• Have the ability to work towards deadlines.
• Have the passion to motivate both students and their peers.
• Be highly motivated and enthusiastic.
• Have excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Have experience innovating to deliver the curriculum.
• Have a great sense of humour.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• A competitive salary.
• A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
• Collaborative working to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Internationally recognised Reflective Practice Programme.
• Comprehensive support package through your first 6 years.
• Free onsite parking.
• Onsite canteen.
• Free on-site gym.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
• Staff wellbeing is also very important to us and as such we operate a “buddy system”.
• A termly prize draw.
About Dene Magna School
Secondary School and Sixth Form
- Abenhall Road, Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire, GL17 0DU
- Dene Magna School website (opens in a new window)