TEACHER OF RS
The Aylesbury Vale Academy, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP18 0WS
This job expired on 24 June 2022 – see similar jobs
Expected start date
1 September 2022
24 June 2022 at 11:59pm
14 June 2022
About The Aylesbury Vale Academy
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 3 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs, View all Middlejobs, View all Secondaryjobs, View all 16-19jobs
- School size
- 1696 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in a new tab)
- School website
- The Aylesbury Vale Academy website (opens in a new tab)
- Contact email
- Contact phone number
We are a highly supportive school with strong subject and senior leadership to help you develop. We are looking for a highly ambitious, committed and dynamic professional to join our Religious Studies department who is passionate about their subject, communicates well with young people and makes a positive impact on their learning. The Religious Studies department comprises of 3 full-time Religious Studies teachers, including a Curriculum Leader. The job would suit an ECT or a more experienced teacher.
The size of the school and its all-through status will also provide opportunities for professional development as staff begin to take on positions of responsibility within their department or across the school
We will offer you:-
- Results above the national average and improving rapidly
- A well-resourced department with excellent facilities and spaces
- Personalised, supportive CPD so that you can flourish and be the best you can possibly be at whichever stage in your career
- Strong collegiate atmosphere
- Supportive and thorough induction programme
- A primary school with discounted nursery provision for staff
- Strong SLT
- 5 minute walk to a direct rail link to London Marylebone (40 minutes)
- State of the art gym available free for staff use
The Academy is at an exciting stage of development with an experienced Academy Principal. In Ofsted's visit, January 2019, the school was judged 'Good' in all areas for the first time in the Academy's history.
Quotations from the Ofsted Visit, January 2019:-
- "Outcomes have improved because of strong subject leadership".
- "The behaviour of pupils is good. There is an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect across the school. Pupils' conduct is calm and orderly".
- "Staff morale is high. They believe that leaders and governors take staff members' well-being and workload into account and they feel well supported by the school".
- "Staff new to the school feel very well supported by their more experienced colleagues and the packages of training and support on offer".
- "Comprehensive induction and training programmes offered by senior leaders and the link advisor ensure that they very quickly establish themselves in their posts".
- "Pupils show a well-developed understanding and tolerance for others who are different from them. Tolerance and diversity are promoted well at Aylesbury Vale Academy".
Consequently, results are now above the national average for the first time in the Academy's history with a Progress 8 score of 0.21.
The school is improving at a rapid pace and this is a career defining opportunity for those who can play a pivotal role in enhancing the life chances of children and young people. The Academy, sponsored by the Diocese of Oxford, moved into new purpose built accommodation in September 2013 and is benefiting from state of the art facilities and teaching. Situated on the new Berryfields housing development, the Academy (including the primary school) is set to increase its role in the new few years. There are currently 1790 students on roll including 500 in the primary phase.
Our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children will be reflected throughout the recruitment process and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Arranging a visit to The Aylesbury Vale Academy
If you wish to discuss the post in more detail, please contact Mrs E Perrin, HR Lead on either firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01296 428551.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Buckinghamshire