We’d like to hear from candidates who are:
- Able to maintain a positive growth mindset despite challenges they may face;
- Collaborative, able to build strong professional relationships;
- Able to motivate and inspire students and staff to achieve their full potential;
- Energetic and have a can-do attitude;
- Confident and has strong career aspirations;
- Committed to safeguarding and the happiness and wellbeing of everyone at the Academy;
- Prepared to be involved in leading co-curricular activities either within or outside of their teaching subject;
- Confident in delivering lessons with strong knowledge of the science curriculum;
- Experienced in teaching the IB diploma;
- Engaged in evidence-informed pedagogy and relentlessly focused on improving their own practice;
- Passionate about their own personal leadership and subject knowledge.
Leigh Academy Blackheath are looking to appoint a hardworking, ambitious and dynamic Biology teacher to join our outstanding science team.
A co-educational 11-19 Outstanding comprehensive school, located in Blackheath, Royal Borough of Greenwich. LAB is also an International Baccalaureate World School, delivering the highly regarded Middle Years Programme at KS3, and will open its new P16 provision - LAB16, in September 2023.
‘Staff are proud to work at this school where everyone’s contribution is valued’- OFSTED December 2022.
Leigh Academy Blackheath is seeking to appoint a Teacher of Science, joining us from Easter 2024. We are looking for an exceptional teacher who can deliver high-quality learning opportunities for our students in this curriculum area. Applications are welcomed from both experienced and newly qualified teachers as we can offer fantastic professional development at every stage of a teacher’s career.
The successful candidate will be a well-qualified specialist, holding QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, they will have the ability to teach from KS3 to KS5, with experience of the International Baccalaureate Diploma course desirable. We are looking for a strong communicator and team player with a track record of delivering engaging and effective lessons that inspire critical thinking and a deep understanding of biological concepts.
If you want to join a highly successful team who are passionate about research-informed education, and you can inspire learners to go beyond what they are taught and seek what they do not yet know, then we want to hear from you.
This job post has expired.