Shenley Academy has been on an incredible journey, having been judged as inadequate in October 2018 to an overall judgement of Good in July 2021, with:
- outstanding leadership and management
- outstanding personal development
- outstanding behaviour and attitudes.
We are a forward-thinking and dynamic 11-16 academy set in a beautiful 37-acre site in Birmingham. Our moto is ‘building futures, changing lives’ and our most recent OFSTED report states:
“..this is exactly what happens here.Everyone involved in the school is committed to every pupil’s welfare, well-being and academic success. Pupils’ mental health is front and centre in leaders’ thinking and decision making”, OFSTED July 2021
The curriculum is at the heart of everything that we do, and we are committed to providing our pupils with an exceptional education and wider school experience, supporting every individual to achieve the very best possible outcomes.
We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons.
We are looking to recruit an exceptional Teacher of Science, the purpose of this role is to develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences for all students, ensuring progression is central to all lesson plans and giving our students the confidence to think big for themselves as they progress through our academy.
- Have high expectations of learners to ensure they achieve their full educational potential
- Set challenging teaching and learning objectives which are relevant to all students in your classes
- Select and prepare a range of resources that take in to account all students’ learning needs, languages and cultural backgrounds
- Have knowledge of a range of approaches to assessment, including questioning, oral assessment and self-assessment and the importance of formative assessment.
- Know how to identify and support learners affected by changes or difficulties in their personal circumstances.
For a full description of the role, see the job description and job specification.
19.5 hours per week.
UPS 1-3 £23,214 - £24,962 (FTE £38,690 - £41,604)
In return the trust offers:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
E-ACT is a highly successful Multi Academy Trust (MAT) encompassing 28 Academies spanning the length breath of the country. Our hopes and aspirations of every one of our pupils is the same. By encouraging them toThink Bigand believe that anything is possible, by showing them the importance ofTeam Spiritand by teaching them to carefully think through their decisions to doThe Right Thing, we know that everyone of our pupils can realise their potential with us.
Our community includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professional across the country.
E-ACT is committed tosafeguarding and promoting the welfare of young peopleand vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject toenhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks andsatisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed topromoting equality, challenging discrimination and developingcommunity cohesion. We welcomeapplications from all sections of the community.