Strood Academy is seeking to appoint a creative, analytical and methodical Teacher of Science to join the department from Easter 2023.You will be part of a vibrant, experienced, supportive science team; we believe in working collaboratively, sharing ideas and supporting each other to achieve great things and see this as the key to further developing innovative teaching and learning strategies.
The ideal candidate will be able to teach across the ability range for KS3 andKS4 and areal interest in developing teaching and learning is also important. This is an excellent opportunity for a teacher to join an academy which is committed to providing high quality professional development opportunities and support a science team on its journey to outstanding.
This is a full-time, permanent role offering MPS/UPS commensurate with experience+ £2,000 Recruitment and Retention Bonus.
Since opening in 2009, our academy has transformed the educational opportunities and outcomes for girls and boys in Strood. The improvement in academic performance has been driven by a talented and committed workforce, the hard work of our students, and support from parents and our community.
Our core values are to be:
Our purpose at Strood Academy is to:
- nurture students’ aspirations and build resilience within an environment of tolerance, respect and empathy;
- shape leaders within a global community;
- develop and celebrate knowledgeable and inquiring minds to promote lifelong learning and;
- help young people develop into well educated, considerate and caring citizens.
Why work at Strood Academy?
- Our recent OFSTED inspection has confirmed that the academy continues to be judged ‘Good’ and is very strong in many aspects and areas. The full report can be found on our website and I would like to share a quote which reflects the culture and ambition we all have for our students.
- Centralised behaviour system and detentions - simple for teachers to follow allowing disruptive free classrooms.
- Our commitment to the development of all staff - CPD on Wednesday afternoons and the opportunity to collaborate with staff from other schools in the LAT. Also all staff at Strood receive regular coaching feedback through our on-line platform on-track.
- Strood academy is easily accessible by A2 and the high speed train can allow for travel into London in less than 30 minutes.
- We have a common sense approach to workload. All teachers are expected to feedback or live mark. We also work closely as a Trust allowing for centralised resources to be shared across our secondary schools.
Leigh Academies Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a fair, robust and consistent recruitment process across all academies and business units which is inline with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. This includes online checks for shortlisted candidates - you can read more about this in our Recruitment Guidance. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
This job post has expired.