Teacher of Science job summary
We are looking for a qualified teacher of Science Teacher to join our team in our dedicated STEM building. You will have the opportunity to teach across the whole age and ability range. Suitable candidates may be offered the opportunity teach at A-Level.
The School has been recognised within The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) as being a centre of excellent practice in CPD. The high quality CPD opportunities on offer throughout the year are driven by the staff for the benefit of the staff, so whether you are an NQT or an experienced teacher we are able to create a tailored CPD programme for you.
Chichester High School is a large mixed school which is growing year on year with a very successful sixth form. The sixth form has been rated as outstanding by Ofsted and every year we have students gaining places at Oxford or Cambridge and other Russell group Universities. We are based in the centre of Chichester, a beautiful Cathedral City on the South coast of England. Chichester High School is thriving school with a strong community ethos. There is a team of extraordinary teachers who work together to get the very best from the students of Chichester. Here are some of the many great reasons to work at Chichester High School:
• A pupil centred and caring community ethos
• A senior team led whole school behaviour policy meaning teachers can focus on learning
• Access to the ‘Easit’ benefits package which amongst other things includes discounted travel
• On site gym
• Easy access to the beautiful South Downs National Park and also the Chichester Harbour Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
• Chichester Main Line train station is a 5 min walk
• Thriving extra-curricular programme
• KS3 to KS5 teaching
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Your own teaching room
• Whole school open door teaching policy
• Opportunities to be involved with the CCF and Duke of Edinburgh
• Willingness to train and support non-specialists
This job post has expired.
About Chichester High School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 1359 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
We want every student to enjoy Science as much as we do!
• are passionate about teaching Science
• have high expectations for your students in all they do
• have an ambition to make a difference
Then we would love to hear from you.