- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Chemistry, Science
- Working pattern
- Will consider full-time, part-time
- Contract type
- MPR/UPR (fringe) - pro rata if part-time
Teacher of Science
Preferred discipline: Chemistry
Part time (0.6 FTE) possible
Starting September 2021
Your chance to teach science in a highly successful school.
Applications welcomed from ECTs and more experienced teachers.
Science at Heathside
- Oversubscribed, mixed 11-18 Academy; part of the ElmWey Learning Trust
- High performing school with excellent examination results
- Inspirational and vibrant curriculum area with enthusiastic students
- Outstanding, supported CPD opportunities and career development
- Investment in well-being of both pupils and staff e.g. a two-week October half term
- Fully staffed with specialists
- Excellent results at GCSE and A Level
- GCSE: Grades 9-4 2019 92% 2020 87%
- A Level: Biology A*- B 2019 53% 2020 85%
- A Level: Chemistry A* - B 2019 79% 2020 80%
- A Level: Physics: A*-B 2019 73% 2020 70%
- See school website for full details and an application form.
- Closing date Midday Wednesday 22nd September 2021.
Applying for the job
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
• Please see website for full details and an application form
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1269 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About Heathside School
Heathside is a high achieving 11-18 co-educational converter academy with 7 forms of entry totalling 1263 students on roll, 203 of whom are in the sixth form. In 2019 91% of students achieved Grade 9-4 English and Mathematics. At A level 71% of students gained A*-B. The school’s value added has risen year on year together with its GCSE average point score. Although we are pleased with this progress, which places us in the top 20% of schools nationally, (P8 0.41) we think we can do even better and our aim is to be one of the highest achieving schools not just in Surrey but nationally. Our staff are extremely dedicated. Many began their teaching careers at Heathside and have grown and developed into both pastoral and curriculum leaders. CPD is valued and tailored to meeting the needs of our staff and improving teaching and learning. We have a small team of Lead Practitioners, who work with the Assistant Principal, CPD, to offer a wide-ranging training programme to staff. Our students predominately come from Weybridge and travel to school by foot, bicycle or train, with the furthest catchment area distance being 1.6 miles from the school. Year on year the school is heavily over-subscribed. The prior attainment of students at KS2 is above the National average and they make very good progress at expected and more than expected measures. Like all schools though, we still feel that there is more that we could be doing to achieve even better outcomes. We are a self- evaluating school and regularly look to see what we can do better to improve all areas of provision. The school was graded as 'Good' in the last Ofsted inspection. In the 2018 report, Leadership and management, Behaviour and safety and the Sixth Form were judged outstanding. Governance was also found to be a key strength. You can read all of the reports on our website. The School is at an exciting phase of development, having become a converter Academy in September 2015 and a single multi-academy under the ElmWey Learning Trust. With the support of Surrey County Council the Trust has successfully bid to set up a 6 form entry free school in 2022. This is to fulfil a basic need for more school places within Elmbridge, where pupil numbers are set to rise markedly by this point in time.